think i may have nocked or broken something

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
think i may have nocked or broken something
as the title says think i may have buggered sumet up
i got the dash out to replace the bulbs as i first thought it was them later figured the actual problem out which was complete duh moment (thanks niall btw for that Smile )

well now my indicator lights don't flash and the middle light is out in the dash, would that be a bad circuit or maybe the plug

Actually scratch that hazards make light come on just fine i think its the stalk not working properly
Thanks given by:
anyone have any ideas?
Thanks given by:
do your indicators work?

do all the functions of the indicator stalk not work, or just the indicators?

is the stalk plugged in?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
everything else on the stalk seems to function which is the horn and lights
but trying the indicators does nothing but the hazards do
Thanks given by:
wiring is weird with the hazard and indicator set up. If you take out the hazard light switch then you lose all indicators but if something goes wrong with the indicator bit then the hazards normally work.

First thing to check would be the stalk connector and did the stalk come apart at all? They often separate a bit when messing with them so the contacts can get messed up.

Also check the relay for the indicators and of course check which fuse is for them.
Thanks given by:
thanks for replying, well been messing a little today and figured out the hazard switch is needed for the indicators to work because i had actually pulled all that out as i am spraying them white Smile but on the other note most my lights still don't come on, on the dash so am thinking that its pretty messed up behind the main bit because its that nasty plastic paper circuit stuff which is a bit naff, hopefully i can replace all that with a more upto date model
Thanks given by: