Speed camera vans

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speed camera vans
Anybody notice these at stupid o'clock in the night lately?!

00:10 I think I get caught by one doing 38 in a 30

In 3 years of driving I've never seen one out after 7pm
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Yep seen a few recently at late times
Just hope you get a speed awareness course
Thanks given by:
Haven't long been on one pal -_-
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Gutted
I had one in jan this year
Hope i dont slip up again as i dont fancy the points
Thanks given by:
No, I've never seen them late at night either, will have to keep my eyes peeled.
Thanks given by:
They've got new cameras now that work in low light... Never seen one out after 10 though.
Thanks given by:
Makes sense, because there are so many school runs and kids out playing at midnight!?

What a waste of resources.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Passed one last night at 8pm, everyone always flashes each other round here though Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 01:02 AM)Strikeforce Wrote: Just hope you get a speed awareness course

(06-03-2014, 01:06 AM)Dicky Wrote: Haven't long been on one pal -_-

That proves the effectiveness of the course then! lol
Thanks given by:
There's one round here that parks up in the middle of a dual carriage way towards the motorway trying to get people doing the 34 in a 30 thing, yet people drag race outside my window at 1am easily breaking national speed limit and nothing
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Ours only seem to park on NSL roads and IMO they should f*ck off and park outside schools or Tesco or something.
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 04:25 PM)lolsteve Wrote: There's one round here that parks up in the middle of a dual carriage way towards the motorway trying to get people doing the 34 in a 30 thing, yet people drag race outside my window at 1am easily breaking national speed limit and nothing

Next to Morrisons by any chance? Got me about a month ago

[Image: busted_zps40cd92d0.png]

Did my 'Speed awareness course' so I'm now very aware of my speed.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Aye that's the bastard. Gutted you got caugth, although good thing was only a speed aware course
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
My fault though it was a 40 and I was wondering why everyone was pottering along in the left lane at 30, rushing between jobs lol
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
i got caught by a van on the way to do silverzx' bosch conversion last month, cheeky bastard was hidden in a bus stop on the inside of a really long left hander on dual carriageway. theres this 1 mile stretch of 50 limit past some houses which are completely fenced off from the road anyway.....

speed awareness course for me today :p

and i haven't seen any vans out late, but there has occasionally been a cop car pulled over on the main route through town with a radar gun, about 11pm last time i saw
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
if they're hiding you can report them, it's not against the law for them to hide but if they get caught doing it they lose all revenue for their constabulary (that year iirc) for camera fines . . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I've never seen them past 8ish I don't think. Saw a couple today in the usual spots but very rarely there. Was gonna say Zakk has one today but he beat me to it :p
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Yeah, seen these out and about after ten pm recently, bastards.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Seen two today so far

One in the early hours, like 2 or 3am and one at around 2pm
Thanks given by:
Never used to see them round here, but suddenly one has started parking on the main road off my street early on a morning when I'm taking the missus to work, keep worrying I'll sleepily speed past it...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dash camera... £15 ?! Piggy 21 3,174 25-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Advise on a digital camera Frosty 8 1,486 24-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  new partner vans pug306driver 4 861 20-03-2015, 07:56 AM
Last Post: allanallen