PROJECT - Keep me in a 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROJECT - Keep me in a 306
I'll be in minehead...sorry...probably best though for all your sakes
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Piggy I may need you to refurb my pump, will check at the weekend if the pump is fubarred lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
How thick does the steel need to be for the bit you need. Got some old wings in the back of my P1 but I suspect they will be too thin. Might be easier than cutting bits out.
Thanks given by:
Ah ha that reminds me I have 3 wings, a pair and a spare - I forgot as they're not at my house lol

So I could use the spare to repair the hole??

The attached picture shows a hole roughly where mine is in the rear pillar, where the seatbelt unit bolts in

[Image: gu9udemy.jpg]

Actually taking the inner skin from your car Andy means I have the captive bolt & hole without any fuss etc

Thanks given by:
Removing a good skin and welding that in is massivley time saving and much better.

Just get LOADS of underseal in there after
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As above, that'd be ideal, i'd also suggest assuming the hole is twice as big as it looks and sizing the new metal accordingly. Wink

I haven't got any underseal, but can bring some primer for the inside face.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers chaps.

Andy I've pm'd my number so we can organise something. I will need to speak to Connor as he wants some bits wtx

Thanks given by:
If Liam's fetching hammers down ill see if he fancies fetching me
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2014, 07:12 AM)Poodle Wrote: As above, that'd be ideal, i'd also suggest assuming the hole is twice as big as it looks and sizing the new metal accordingly. Wink

I'll be bringing underseal and primer, red oxide and grey. can also grab some weld too etch primer if needed?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2014, 10:11 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: If Liam's fetching hammers down ill see if he fancies fetching me

Thanks darling

(08-03-2014, 10:22 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(08-03-2014, 07:12 AM)Poodle Wrote: As above, that'd be ideal, i'd also suggest assuming the hole is twice as big as it looks and sizing the new metal accordingly. Wink

I'll be bringing underseal and primer, red oxide and grey. can also grab some weld too etch primer if needed?

Legend Smile

It is worth buying cheap cambelt, tensioners etc from ECP as money is tight but then again I don't want to but parts that break in a week lol

Thanks given by:
(08-03-2014, 10:11 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: If Liam's fetching hammers down ill see if he fancies fetching me

Could pass by Maltby way Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
ECP never seem cheap on timing kits...

heres a VECO one on ebay for £50...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-1-...27d7312f9d
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cheers piggy, will buy later.

Just going to try and have a look at the pump now...fingers crossed it's not rusted !!

Thanks given by:
I've heard horror stories about cheap timing belt kits... Confused
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That's my worry poodle, that and a cheap water pump but kash is king and I don't have much lol. Is it worth getting a cheap GSF/ECP one as they would sell crap??

Thanks given by:
For the belt itself, dayco or gaites seem to be the way forward. Or genuine pug if you can afford it.

The dayco kit I usually use seems to be worth it though.

Ecp stuff seems to be fairly decent
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2014, 07:29 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: For the belt itself, dayco or gaites seem to be the way forward. Or genuine pug if you can afford it.

Where did you get your dayco kit from?

Thanks given by:
(08-03-2014, 08:19 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(08-03-2014, 07:29 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: For the belt itself, dayco or gaites seem to be the way forward. Or genuine pug if you can afford it.

Where did you get your dayco kit from?

Place called tm factors? I don't know if they're only in Herefordshire though but we have a few so it could be national
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
VECO kits are decent enough, used by some manufacturers as OEM spec.

Gates would be my first choice...but when you are on a budget...end of the day, they aint guna make a belt that wont last the time till the next change.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2014, 09:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: they aint guna make a belt that wont last the time till the next change.

This is my worry with cheaper not so know makes. Maybe worth spending a few £ more for piece of mind?...it will be cheaper and more convenient than a blown engine lol

Has anyone got a pic of a 306 waterpump as I've seen 2 different types for my car, I've never seen my waterpump so I've no idea what it looks like and wanna buy the one lol

Thanks given by:
Been a busy boy at Andy's....

[Image: tabujyty.jpg]

Took a while just to get this..

[Image: amejy5an.jpg]

Poodle will have fun welding this up lol

Thanks given by:
Hi all just a gentle reminder this is happening next saturday (05/04/14) at Zachs unit (postcode at start of the thread), i'm looking to see who will be coming and hopefully lending a hand?

cheers guys

Thanks given by:
I'm game if Liam is
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
The post code as a reminder is hr2 9as

I've chosen this as a meeting point as the actual industrial estate is impossible to find with a satnav As it sends you to the wrong area entirely

What time do people think they can get to Hereford from where you're travelling from? The meeting point is a petrol station on the main road, my unit is about 3 miles from this point
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
If we have our pug still then maybe we could lend a hand
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2014, 12:38 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: The post code as a reminder is hr2 9as

I've chosen this as a meeting point as the actual industrial estate is impossible to find with a satnav As it sends you to the wrong area entirely

What time do people think they can get to Hereford from where you're travelling from? The meeting point is a petrol station on the main road, my unit is about 3 miles from this point

Are you meaning locks garage? good central location and cant miss it Smile

I'll certainly be there Smile and i'll be bringing my tools / oils and equipment with me.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yes, locks garage, you'll be heading past it coming from the motorway north or South So good meeting point.

Stock up on kitkats then convoy to the unit
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2014, 12:38 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: The post code as a reminder is hr2 9as

Really?? Can't imagine how anyone would ever have problems finding it, i drove straight there. Angel

I can be there for 10.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-03-2014, 12:26 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I'm game if Liam is

Would be awesome to see you 2 Smile

Coming from Bristol and will try to get there for about 9ish as I have one day to try and squeeze all this in lol

(26-03-2014, 12:43 PM)rallywoodhall Wrote: If we have our pug still then maybe we could lend a hand

Would be cool to meet you Smile

(26-03-2014, 12:47 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Are you meaning locks garage? good central location and cant miss it Smile

I'll certainly be there Smile and i'll be bringing my tools / oils and equipment with me.

Awesome Mr Rallye Smile. I shall bring my tools as well

(26-03-2014, 05:53 PM)Poodle Wrote: Really?? Can't imagine how anyone would ever have problems finding it, i drove straight there. Angel

I can be there for 10.

sounds like it will be fun then, fingers crossed lol

Thanks given by:
You're one of the lucky ones poodle, majority of satnavs take you down the wrong road
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: