KrisB's 4-0-Five

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KrisB's 4-0-Five
Hey guys.

Little update, been very busy with other things.

Okay, so 20mm spacers fitted, finally i've got some scrubbing, well, did, before i took a hacksaw to the rear bumper mounts.

[Image: MoleValley-20120706-00461.jpg]

Got handy one evening with a pair of scissors and a silicone cupcake holder thing for the oven...

[Image: Guildford-20120707-00467.jpg]

Then, £22 for a pair of fogs. Took hacksaw to the bumper.

Fogs, Much? lol

[Image: MoleValley-20120716-00480.jpg]

And a few pictures from Ace Cafe.

[Image: 100_2169.jpg]

[Image: 100_2162.jpg]

And yess... I have turned the fogs off since fitting them. Infact you tend to forget about them when you dont use them, they're just for Aesthetics, i should get some pics of them turned off tbh.

Peace

OH, and a Maaajor tidy of the workshop. Scrapped the pikey looking caravan and xsara. Got £140 for the Tin and Aluminium off the caravan! Yet to weigh in the caravan chassis and xsara thats on it...

[Image: MoleValley-20120721-00487.jpg]
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Any news on the mi16 yet kris?

Fogs make it look alot better to Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Shed looks massive now lol!!
Thanks given by:
Very small update...

The part-worn conti's got a bit close to the wear markers.... Needed some decent tyres, so...

£145 for a Pair of Pirelli P-Zero Nero's in a 195/45/16. Not a bad price, especially fully fitted inc vat. Just wow! Amazing tyres, i already knew this from pompeymarks 306 in a similar size, but having them on the 405 it feels sooooo nice! It was a but hairy for the first hundred miles, especially with kids in the back and rain after the sun, but now they've done a few hundred miles i can say they're bloody amazing. Hit a few big puddles on the road today and didnt even feel them. Turn into corners is much smoother and cleaner.

Now just to save up to do the rears. Then hopefully get me some coilies to get the front end down to about -100mm... 30mm lower than already, also more new topmount bushes. All my scraping and bottoming out happens at the rear but that doesn't mean im not concered about my sump... I may have to make some form of massive overkill metal undertray cos I don't half mind a bash down the national limit b-roads.

Other than tyres and lowz. The car appears to have aquired quite a bit of yellow/black warning tape... And it's driving amaaaazing! Nippy, handles brilliant for a saloon, running 100% sunflower... pain to start in the mornings but oh well lol. As they say you can't polish a turd, i wont, just make sure it drives great and everything works. Done. Bored lol.

Oh, wouldnt mind a thicker anti roll bar but im not spending till i get the 405 Le Mans to pull apart.

Kris

Pics to follow.

Some pics. It's a bit marmite at the moment, front end needs more LOWZ!

My missus made me the green ladies... not been pulled. Yet.

[Image: 100_2240.jpg]

[Image: 100_2237.jpg]

[Image: 100_2236.jpg]

Flash happened on this...

[Image: 100_2234.jpg]

[Image: 100_2231.jpg]

Smile
Thanks given by:
well... thats different! D:
Thanks given by:
after i saw it on facebook, knew you wouldnt be able to keep that tiger tape off your car!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I like where you're going with this actually, fair play fella.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
noo kris dont rat it!! super tour it!
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=ht...EwAg&dur=1
Thanks given by:
I'm getting a 405 Le-mans soon, once I've got it and swapped all the bumpers, spoler, beam etc then I'll set about making the car look real smart. However, where do I stop? I paid £220 for this and someones already got a DiLLIGAF thread...

The Le-mans will also become a secret project, once roadworthy I'll put all the good bits back on it.
Thanks given by:
Fitted a hdi box today, donated to me by a customer who couldn't be arsed with ebaying it, 70 odd k.

Treated to a new Valeo Clutch and gear oil (£91), and also fitted a pair of driveshaft oil seals and guide bush seal that I had kicking about.

Had to swap over not just the release fork and clutch cable mount, but also one static gear linkage and the top left/right lever. The 306 ones would hit my ARB and wouldn't opperate properly in the first place.

Now down to 2050rpm @60mph, so that's about an 8% increase in mpg hopefully. And it also meansi can do that perfectly flat, 30mph 3 mile road pretty much on idle, as before but just a lil lower.

Second and third... Wahooooooo!

Now to sort the oil leak, the one causing under bonnet smoke at the lights lol. (rocker cover, already got one)
Thanks given by:
check Your pm's!

:p
Thanks given by:
Wow... not been an update in here for a while!

Have some pics... cars doing my head in, one thing after another... fix glowplugs, engine mount starts knocking. Fix engine mount, funny 'tube' noise starts. Fix tube noise, passenger door starts creaking. Fix door, rear drum un-adjusts again and starts rattling loudly over bumps...

.... But, i love it. Keeps me on my toes. MOT Due in march, need another steering rack bellow and a pair of headlights.

Some pics... Crap quality i know. Some might notice one or two things changed/smartened up.

Hollow glowplug... 45 seconds of cranking once it's a cold engine. Many flat batteries, many bump starts and lots of smoke. Sorted now though.

[Image: IMG-20130207-00665.jpg]

Towbar, pimped with silicone hose.Still need to do electrics but should be good for a small trailer for holidays.

Most stickers off now.

[Image: IMG-20130202-00663.jpg]

And then some more stickering. Have all these squares cut up now, enough to do the whole car. They're doing well with the weather too. No peeling. Arches.

[Image: IMG-20130131-00662.jpg]

Interior cleaned up, crap blackbbery camera Sad

[Image: IMG-20130131-00659.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20130131-00658.jpg]

Classic.

[Image: IMG-20130127-00656.jpg]

OH, and talk about KARMA. Stopped to help a broken down car, cos im nice like that! Pulled onto the verge and pffft, straight down lol.

[Image: IMG-20130128-00657.jpg]

TTFN
Thanks given by:
Looks a million times better with the skirts and lack of stickers dude, it was begining to look a bit odd!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Cheers Smile

I presume my pics are working? Everyone else's signatures and pictures work, just when viewing on the mobile all my own pics are a Red cross.
Thanks given by:
pics are working fine
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
[Image: 40E0C0D6-5A4E-4DC6-A21E-0BE026C73E67-340...16993f.jpg]

[Image: 388419BD-D4AF-4736-944F-510C9B09A310-340...30cf9c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks better without the stickers everywhere!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
your a hero for combining those wheels with 405 Smile luvvit
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
mate! that looks the f*cking shizzle on those borrrrrrbets . . . . . .nice one . .Big Grin

ride height looks perfect too
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
That looks f*cking fantastic!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Now all he has to do is buy them off me.
Thanks given by:
That looks superb!
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome now!!

You show him my mail mark?
Thanks given by:
That looks fapping epic! Please say he's at least THINKING about buying them off you mark! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I am pretty sure he got it when I sent it to him. But will double check.

He wants them, he started cleaning them as soon as he got home lol.

Makes the ride much better than his old alloys and grips better.

Pirelli P Zero Nero with stretch for improved grip.
Thanks given by:
That actually looks lush now!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by: