KrisB's 4-0-Five

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KrisB's 4-0-Five
KrisB Wrote:
Connor Wrote:If only the rear was 1 tooth higher, it would looks spot on like the front

Noooooo, one tooth higher is the same as the first pic of the new wheels. Plus I refuse to lower/raise cars the 'click' way. Do it properly the first time (pull bars out, clean, grease, re-fit) and you can do it to whatever height you want. Usually increments of 5mm is what I do.

There's shit loads of arch room and even room for 15mm spacers all round. It'd be rude not too. Rear has the potential of another 40mm lower and front another 20mm

I need a 'Go Low, Go Slow' sticker, although this beast is far from slow, especially as it weighs 1200kg.lighter than most 306's.

That's what i mean, 1 tooth higher, not 1 notch higher
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
wit woo...looking good fella Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
My old man had a 405 2.0 8v (I think?) when we were kids. I fondly remember him getting me to help clear the carburetor of fuel as it was constantly getting blocked. Using a 5 year-old to get petrol out of the blocked lines lol
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Just clocking in really guys...

Cars been driving great, had a few issues with it but nothing too major.

Aux belt decided to start stripping itself. I immediately stopped, walked to the nearest house, borrowed a knife and cut the belt off. Then after a bit of fannying about, nipped to halfords who didnt have the right belt but had one close enough. Job done, thats also quietened down the auxilary 'system'

I realised the rear shoes didnt have their retaining springs. £6 and job done.

Purchased a sony CD player with USB slot. That'll do for a tiny memory stick which can remain plugged in with the dash/radio fashia closed.

Got the RCL working. Just a pair of batteries for the key.

Put a spare wheel in the cage.

Oh, dropped the gear oil out earlier and it was literally black. I dont understand as it was new last year, no diff problems. Put back in 2 hours of 70/80 and it's so much smoother.

Anyhow, really happy with the car for now. Seems to be returning a reasonable 45 mpg depending on driving style. It's running 75% sunflower oil and the rest usually V-power diesel. Starts fine every morning but hunts a little until warm. Thats veg for ya. Could do with a gt15 or ko3 bolted on, the t2 is too laggy... im having to make sure i'll be on full boost before changing gear otherwise I end up laying a line of Black veg oil remnants outta the 'zorst. Thats effort when to be fair, i'm always stuck behind something going up a hill... just the roads i travel. annoying. 30 mile to work and the only national speed limit is 2 mile of that.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
You say 1200 is lighter than most 306's but im sure theyre about the same? Dt is 1150 on thw books iirc

Sounds like this car is getting pampered now!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
KrisB Wrote:Just clocking in really guys...

Cars been driving great, had a few issues with it but nothing too major.

Aux belt decided to start stripping itself. I immediately stopped, walked to the nearest house, borrowed a knife and cut the belt off. Then after a bit of fannying about, nipped to halfords who didnt have the right belt but had one close enough. Job done, thats also quietened down the auxilary 'system'

I realised the rear shoes didnt have their retaining springs. £6 and job done.

Purchased a sony CD player with USB slot. That'll do for a tiny memory stick which can remain plugged in with the dash/radio fashia closed.

Got the RCL working. Just a pair of batteries for the key.

Put a spare wheel in the cage.

Oh, dropped the gear oil out earlier and it was literally black. I dont understand as it was new last year, no diff problems. Put back in 2 hours of 70/80 and it's so much smoother.

Anyhow, really happy with the car for now. Seems to be returning a reasonable 45 mpg depending on driving style. It's running 75% sunflower oil and the rest usually V-power diesel. Starts fine every morning but hunts a little until warm. Thats veg for ya. Could do with a gt15 or ko3 bolted on, the t2 is too laggy... im having to make sure i'll be on full boost before changing gear otherwise I end up laying a line of Black veg oil remnants outta the 'zorst. Thats effort when to be fair, i'm always stuck behind something going up a hill... just the roads i travel. annoying. 30 mile to work and the only national speed limit is 2 mile of that.
you don't need a smaller turbo Kris . . . .. . .that's a bad tune mate if that's happening and you should know, i'm not taking the piss but being off the road all this time it might take you a while to fine tune it how it should be set up . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
looks good... for a 405 D:
Thanks given by:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:you don't need a smaller turbo Kris . . . .. . .that's a bad tune mate if that's happening and you should know, i'm not taking the piss but being off the road all this time it might take you a while to fine tune it how it should be set up . .Smile

Hey man.

I gotta say I'm quite confident with tuning anyhow. Either way... I've changed the gearbox oil which was BLACK (suprising as it was fresh last year) and strangely the car feels much more responsive.

Also... I drive like a grandad most places. Just like to 'when you join a road, you must get up to speed as quickly as possible' AND usually I'm stuck behind something, driving like a grandad, then it comes to a hill and the car pulls happily low down the RPM's but 'cos I'm a lazy feck I can't be arsed changing gear, for this reason the lag is epicly shit. Trust me... Its fine when you really want to boot it but if you don't get full boost FOR the next gear then it takes time to spool. (The majoritory of my commute is rush hour and VERY restricted on MPH 'cos of traffic. Quite literally, I drive 30 miles in the highest gear possible and my foot barely touching the accelerator, however... I do like the moments when you see that 'national speed limit' for about 2 miles of my journey. )

Its also hard 'knowing for sure' actually what lag I've got as my RPM counter only works when the engine is cold... Don't fancy booting it from cold. Once heat starts coming through the vents then it packs up. Need a new sensor really.

Drilled a 3'' hole in the grille for a bit more airflow. I suspect with the good weather over the last few days that it's suffering a bit of heatstroke lol.
Thanks given by:
KrisB Wrote:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:you don't need a smaller turbo Kris . . . .. . .that's a bad tune mate if that's happening and you should know, i'm not taking the piss but being off the road all this time it might take you a while to fine tune it how it should be set up . .Smile

Hey man.

I gotta say I'm quite confident with tuning anyhow. Either way... I've changed the gearbox oil which was BLACK (suprising as it was fresh last year) and strangely the car feels much more responsive.

Also... I drive like a grandad most places. Just like to 'when you join a road, you must get up to speed as quickly as possible' AND usually I'm stuck behind something, driving like a grandad, then it comes to a hill and the car pulls happily low down the RPM's but 'cos I'm a lazy feck I can't be arsed changing gear, for this reason the lag is epicly shit. Trust me... Its fine when you really want to boot it but if you don't get full boost FOR the next gear then it takes time to spool. (The majoritory of my commute is rush hour and VERY restricted on MPH 'cos of traffic. Quite literally, I drive 30 miles in the highest gear possible and my foot barely touching the accelerator, however... I do like the moments when you see that 'national speed limit' for about 2 miles of my journey. )

Its also hard 'knowing for sure' actually what lag I've got as my RPM counter only works when the engine is cold... Don't fancy booting it from cold. Once heat starts coming through the vents then it packs up. Need a new sensor really.

Drilled a 3'' hole in the grille for a bit more airflow. I suspect with the good weather over the last few days that it's suffering a bit of heatstroke lol.
yeah i know you know what you're doing mate i didn't mean to sound insulting, it's just you should have same setup as me, i've got a 405 engine in my 306 and it's plenty nippy if you keep it on blow . . . . .below are my recent RR figures . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Funny that...

This is a 306 engine in a 405. Lol.
Thanks given by:
KrisB Wrote:Funny that...

This is a 306 engine in a 405. Lol.
. . . . . . .. lol . . . . . .i'll get my coat . . . .what turdo you got on there, K14? . .Smile
Thanks given by:
T2 buddy.
Thanks given by:
looking good kris!
Thanks given by:
I think I've just figured why it's got the lag...

Last year, the turbo blew and killed quite a few things. So... I'm thinking that the wadding/horsehair shit in the backbox is/was heavily coated in oil. I've spoken to insurane about a backbox, just waiting to hear back.
Thanks given by:
KrisB Wrote:I think I've just figured why it's got the lag...

Last year, the turbo blew and killed quite a few things. So... I'm thinking that the wadding/horsehair shit in the backbox is/was heavily coated in oil. I've spoken to insurane about a backbox, just waiting to hear back.
good idea mate......take it you're de-catted too?i
Thanks given by:
Indeed. Its only got a backnow, no mid either.
Thanks given by:
Ill have a 405 someday lol these look well on the mi16 alloys! Looks a clean one best of luck with it!
Thanks given by:
KrisB Wrote:I think I've just figured why it's got the lag...

Ha ha Kris, you drive like me now lmao

Take off the backbox and plumb a pipe on just so you can drive it for one day doing your commute to see if it makes a difference, it may be your issue

i wanna go in the 4'0 Smile

Thanks given by:
Needs 40mm drop on clones....

Good work horse buddy! Swish!!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Hi guys.

Well, today, I managed to find time this morning as I'd booked in a customer for 10am even though he said Midday...

I've cut up the stainless system off the xsara vts in my workshop, used the centre box (straight through) a bit of ally pipe to make some form of tailpipe, cutthe bumper and made a quality exhaust hanger out of a scrap spare wheel cage Big Grin

It's spooling much earlier and peaking at 19. Sounds quite sporty too Smile Neatly cut into the bumper... I'll get a picture in the moaning.

Tomorrow (besides a photo or two) I desperately need to fit another rocker gasket. Getting smoke from the corners of the bonnet and the engine is pissed wet through in oil, front and rear.

I've also drilled holes in my grille for essentially an extra slat in the grille, one side feeds the intercooler and the other the air intake.

I guess the weather isn't helping with the driveability. Just been tesco's and with the missus and two kids it feels as quick as it dive on my drive home. Much cooler now than it was earlier.

Insurance didn't charge for the exhaust mods Smile

... And, I'm glad I'm running on veg with these fuel delivery strikes Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Pics as i said i would....

Think i've done a neat job. TBF.

[Image: MoleValley-20120330-00174.jpg]

Also whipped the rocker cover off, fitted a new gasket with a bit of silicone on both sides, result if it holds as the dtubs are a pain to get sealed properly. Took me all of about 15 mins.

[Image: IMG-20120330-00172.jpg]

Kris
Thanks given by:
This is coming along nicely mate, good work.

Hopefully I'll be getting in touch with you soon to arrange another days work Smile
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Looks tidy kris. Exhaust looks spot on Big Grin
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
loving the rear end kris but you've gotta lose the turbo-D badge

Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:loving the rear end kris but you've gotta lose the turbo-D badge

Nonononono. Turbo D is old school ninja
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Just a little update. Not the best IMO.

Replaced the crank senor, rev counter now works Smile

Drivers window regulator/cable has snapped. Typically all the 40Farts at the scrappy dont have any regulators left on them :/ £60 ... waste, but i need a window.

My new rocker gasket was shite and it's split and pissed out half a litre in one day. Put the old gasket back on with some sealant and i'll see in the morning whats dripped off.

TTFN
Thanks given by:
Well guys, spunked £80.70 on a window regulator, couldn't find one anywhere but its goooood, window moved with haste now! And my auto up/down now works Big Grin

Picked up a JL audio 250/1 Mono amp and sub with box... The sub was thrown in as it had a tear on the seal, didn't last an hour until the cone was completely attached. Picked up some cheapo mutant 800w sub from halfrauds for £25 and bunged it in whilst eating a massive breakfast roll with KwiK this morning. It does MORE than the job I need it to do so I'm glad I didn't buy something expensive.

Still got an oil leak. Bunged in a new fuel filter earlier again and it's a bit more responsive Smile

Next up, again is Tracking as it's out again after the lowering, then a new nearside headlight because the beam pattern has gone due to the chroming in the reflector going dull.

Also have some gti6 brakes (brand new last year) with epicly good discs and pads to go on next week. It suffers from some real bad brake fade, probably just needs the front bleeding through but either way the discs are shot at the moment... So.

Need a sunstrip, fed up of being blinded not just on my way to work but on the way home too :/ The visors are crap and my eyes seem more sensitive after getting Arc-eye about 6yr ago. Had all eye tests nd they say there's nothing wrong.

That's 'bout it. Feel free to comment. Smile
Thanks given by:
Liking all this quick progress with this kris? Got any long term plans or is this only a temporary car?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Think im just going to run in into the ground. Least for the sake of the £220 i bought it for.
Thanks given by:
KrisB Wrote:Think im just going to run in into the ground. Least for the sake of the £220 i bought it for.

Actually, scrap that.

In all honesty, I'm intent on making everything work. I've done a budget install, everthings neat and tidy. I want the aircon re-gassed but need a new controll panel first as fans only work on high speed. Ordered a new pollen filter, fixed anything that would be classed as dodgy or advisory and generally keeping it tip top.

I'm on the case of a red pixelated cammo style wrap...

So realistically, I'm fixing it up and wouldn't want to run it into the ground. . It's a good motor despite the shite paintwork.
Thanks given by: