Central Locking Woes...Electrical guru.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Locking Woes...Electrical guru.....
Chaps,

Got another electrical issue kicking off thats irritating me! Ph3 HDI...story is car had dodgy drivers side door loom, would generall work fine but sometimes locks would do the typical lock / unlock routine..but would respond from both the remote and door locks..so back along as a temp fix i just crimed the wires together, which has worked 100% perfect, but in the meantime i sourced a replacement loom, which I fitted today, soldered / heat shrunk everywhere, then taped the lot and hid it up under the dash, tested everything at the time, which all worked 100% perfect..

Then used the car all day, drive 200 miles, stopped a few times, locked it / unlocked it with remote, no problems at all.

Then got home, went to lock it, and remote is dead...so went to lock it via door, and its just literally locking that door, and not activiating any central locking....as if the whole system as lost power..

Any ideas? Had quick fuse scan and all appear to be in order...what is kicking off now :O I swear ive always had good luck with electrics as my ph1's have never caused a hint of a problem but these hdis are driving me around the bend lol!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Just to be safe try replacing fuse 15 (30A) and fuse 17 (20A) pretty sure I read somewhere that the central locking control unit is under the rear seat on drivers side. Not sure if that applies to all models but just double check that's all In order. Not sure otherwise why it would have suddenly stopped working :/
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
In the ph3 theres no separate box Rob, CL is part of the BSI unit.

Does seem odd, does the key work all locks from the passenger side? If so I'd guess theres another broken wire in the new drivers loom. But if not I'm not sure what to suggest, though I'm sure Cully will be along shortly to help.
Thanks given by:
Hm the reason I dont think its the loom is because its not trying to lock electrically at all...via the fob or either door...as if s fuse went but bit sure thete even is one ?

Its rather weird and a right farce !
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Ah, the same from either door? Missed that bit first time, unlikely to be the loom then, unless its shorted and popped a fuse as you say.

Don't think there's a specific fuse for CL on ph3 though, and its not shown in the fuse diagram below. I take it still starts and runs without issue though, so the BSI is still getting power fine...hmm.

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=67123
Thanks given by:
Yeah starts and drives and as far as I can see ALL other electrical systems are working 100% as they should..just totally dead central locking!

I miss my DT where it was a simple case of inserting the key into the door, turning it, and magically the door was locked. haha
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Ah never knew about central locking on phase 3 never had issues so never looked. I found fuse 17 to be dedicated fuse for central locking and dead locking on this fuse diagram: http://www.peugeotlogic.com/fuses/fuses3...elist7.htm dunno if it applies on ph3 though Sad

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Afaik the ph3s all got the 28 fuse fusebox, but if its an early one/crossover on like a T plate it may still have the 30 fuse, doesn't hurt to check F17 anyway I guess.
Thanks given by:
Only guess I can put in as I've had blown fuses without visually looking like it Sad

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,049 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,225 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,561 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306