Handing in Notice at work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handing in Notice at work
Basicially I have worked at this insurance company in a call centre for 6 months and i'm ready to quit. Before I was a welder but made redundant, and now ive been offered a job as a welder again Smile

Im not sure on how to write my notice, they have been very good to me over the past six months as my youger brother died within 2 weeks of me starting there (last september was shit) but I don't want them to think I have used them.

Any ideas on what I should put down?

Thanks.
[Image: 306_zpsadcff53a.png]
Thanks given by:
I'd be inclined to just put in it that you're grateful for them having given you the position, but your circumstances have changed, and you have an opportunity to return to your previous trade. In a nutshell. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Like this is how it should be done

► 3:19► 3:19

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A4UGtM4hDQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A4UGtM4hDQ
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Just search for templates on line. It only needs to be very basic just stating your notice period starts from xx/xx/xxx and your last working day is xx/xx/xxxx and you expect all owed money to be paid in full by your last day.

Alternatively, go and have a wank over the picture of the bosses disabled daughter on his desk and await to be removed from the building by force.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
lmao
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I didnt even hand a notice in at my last job. My boss was rooting for me to get my apprenticeship so i just told him when i did! Obviously its a different situation to yours. I love welding though would be a cool job! What will you be welding in your new job?
Thanks given by:
Crap in the urinal

you'll go down to office history Smile

Many man points.such smell.wow lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Depending on how big a firm they might have a specific handing in your notice form.

Otherwise I'd just write it as it is.

"I am hereby giving notice that I wish to cease my employment with XXXXXXX from xx/xx/xxxx with xx/xx/xxxx being my final day.

I wish to thank you for giving me the opportunity at this job and have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company."

doesnt need to be long winded and you dont need to say why your going. Really it depends on how big a company you work for as if you know the boss I'd tell him in person.

Oh also how secure is the welding job likely to be. If you think you might get made redundant again see if your current company will give you a 6 month or 1 year career break so you have a job to come back to.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I take notice of these letters? rtha6551 13 2,956 13-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Last Post: toseland