Bad crash today . . .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad crash today . . .
Sorry too hear that, My uncle was killed on a bike, havent even told my dad i have one as he'd flip his lid!

I have the attitude of if i dont hassle them they wont hassle me. being a car enthusiast doesnt help this situation but i always show them respect if i get pulled over, if they dont return that courtesy i like to remind them they merely uphold the law and are NOT above it.

Some are sound as a pound and realise we are all human beings and make mistakes, some are just on a power trip and will actually book you for a tail light being out rather than advise you to get it fixed and send you on your way.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Rode through some farmer's mud on the road one day, two miles later got a ticket for having a dirty number plate. Some field soil, from the road on the plate. I wiped it off, he gave us a ticket.

I know of many other reasons why not to talk to them. Did you know that nearly every Sergeant is a Mason?
Thanks given by:
Rolleyes We can see where this is heading...
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 08:57 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Rolleyes We can see where this is heading...

its going to be locked before it gets out of hand
with anymore negative coments
Thanks given by:
That looks like a nasty accident, lad was lucky there if he's just got a broken wrist.

The police can only work with what they're given, do you not think it may be rather hard for them to follow up, for instance, a minor burglary if most of the potential witnesses don't want to provide statements..? Yes there's a few dickheads, but that's the case everywhere - i haven't boycotted co-op because one of the counter boys in my local is a douchebag. Wink

That said, what the OP does is his business and his alone. Unless it involves chronic boost, in which case it is his sworn duty as a member of the oc to post ANY AND ALL information regarding such items.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 08:55 PM)Alex Wrote: Rode through some farmer's mud on the road one day, two miles later got a ticket for having a dirty number plate. Some field soil, from the road on the plate. I wiped it off, he gave us a ticket.

I know of many other reasons why not to talk to them. Did you know that nearly every Sergeant is a Mason?

Now, I'm not aiming this as you at all. In fact, its not at anyone and just a general observation but it seems to be a running thing that certain people have a hard time with the law and others don't. For instance, I'm unfortunate enough to have loads of max power style cars driven by 17 year olds around here which means me driving a modified car, i get pulled quite a lot (except by the cops that know me). Every single time I've been pulled, I've been polite, I've been cooperative and the cops have been sound with me. Even when i have been in the wrong for driving a bit too enthusiastically, I've held my hands up and not taken it out on the copper because he's pulled me because i know i was in the wrong. Every single time I've just ended up having a chat with the cops (who are normally into cars as well and show a genuine interest in mine). This doesn't bother me at all as i know they are doing their job and I'm pleased they are because as i said, there are a lot of idiot chav drivers around here.
Now on the other hand, i know some of these twats in their max power Saxo's and they are the sort that hate the police because they get given a hard time when they get pulled over because they have done wrong. The reason? Because they are the typical type of people that don't like the police and take that out on them and they forget that the police are just people who are doing their job, just like you and me.
Ive always found that you treat them with respect, like people and show them that you accept the fact you have done wrong (if you have which you normally have if you've been pulled) and 9 times out of 10, they will treat you like a human and be perfectly fair.
Oh and i have also been stopped once by a copper who was an arsehole who thought i had burgled a local flat. He left me alone fairly quickly once he had ID'd me but i made a point of being awkward due to the fact he was rude to me before i had even opened my mouth yet i still wasn't obstructive as it just doesn't get you anywhere!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It's not always that clear cut, I'm as polite and sheepish as they come. Got pulled because I was pulling out of a tricky junction and an unmarked car came flying around the corner while I was already half way out. They were immediately confrontational (and armed to the hilt, too lol) and threatened me with driving without due care and attention. I just kept quiet, and when they asked why the car was registered in Cornwall I said that's because that's where I live for most of the year. They were clearly trying to book me for something, but must've been in a hurry as they gave up and moved on fairly quickly.

Fortunately my patience saved me there, but their attitude was completely unnecessary, and I had 3 passengers who would've testified that I started pulling out well before the coppers came around the corner. I would've been well within my rights to be pissed off at them, and they would've probably booked me for something if I had been.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Wheres Dumdum?

Popcorn
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2014, 07:43 AM)Piggy Wrote: Wheres Dumdum?

Popcorn

Eating doughnuts and doing funny handshakes?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Server Crash Mighty306 5 2,146 20-12-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Fooby
  Car insurence after non fault crash! P-Courty 10 2,011 14-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Last Post: P-Courty
  Prescott Hill Crash - S/C Lotus Exige leaves track, lands in next field. Dum-Dum 29 10,460 09-09-2015, 11:53 AM
Last Post: 1616six