Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pugloves 300TDI Disco
No mate, not for 190, as a swap for my 190E Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
ohhh right i got ya....... na dont do it then lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(15-05-2014, 05:55 AM)puglove Wrote:
(14-05-2014, 09:37 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: So tempted. Got offered an LPG V8 not long ago for the 190...

buy it thats dirt cheap. you raerly sell them for less than £600 even without t&t and rotten as a pear

(14-05-2014, 09:48 PM)procta Wrote: you saw my dads landy in the lounge? Land rovers are hardcore! they just go for f*cking fun! expensive for the bits but by Christ at least you can everything for them etc!

I thought parts for the early discovery/ defenders were fairly cheap these days. but iv been around landys a long time now. and know alot of people that deal with them. ov just had a look at your thread . would of loved a defender bit they fech a fair bit more than a simular age disco. and the disco is a bit more friendly day to day. my old chap also has a 200tdi defender bit its a tad bit more modified lol

(14-05-2014, 10:25 PM)daniel909 Wrote: Looking good mate keep up the good work

cheers fella Smile

you ever watched the 4x4 is born tv series? I may need to pm you about something about the landy, as I need someone with a bit of experience with them,
Thanks given by:
yeah lol iv watched that series several times over the years lol. feel free to drop us a PM if i cant answer the question i can ask the old chap he will know.

Thanks given by:
MMMM new bigger tires, Silverstone Xtreme 33x10.5x15 on black modular steels Big Grin Moocho grips

Also nice big HD fuel tank guard on the rear, as i kept grounding it out

Thanks given by:
so iv finally got my leccy leathers in.

I bought these assuming that the loom would be there for the seats so that it would just be plug and play........... well it wasnt, And adding the loom involved replacing the whole interior loom, uuhhh no not doing that lol so i just made up an independent loom for it with some Mom - off - Mom rocker style switches. , this is what i ended up with.

[attachment=18299]
[attachment=18301]
[attachment=18300]
[attachment=18302]
[attachment=18303]
[attachment=18304]
[attachment=18305]

old seats

[attachment=18306]

Thanks given by:
You comfort whore! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wipe clean is more the effect i was going for Wink

Thanks given by:
I've got a Disco Tdi, a 3dr. Well it was.
Started out like this:
[attachment=20087]

[attachment=20089]

and now looks like this:
[attachment=20088]

[attachment=20090]

Mine's a 200 Tdi with the wastegate adjusted and pump adjusted. Goes very well and won my class a few times now. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
The 200 looks tidy mate. I use to 200 bobtail. Was a good truck nothing more fun than cutting up a disco lol

Thanks given by:
What you doing with the old seat bud?

Doesn't *look* like the drivers has collapsed?
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
I gave them away ages ago mate

Thanks given by:
I'm on the lookout for a Defender 110, preferably a 4dr or County. Doesn't matter if petrol or diesel because I've got a spare 200Tdi and box in the lockup.
They're fetching such big money, even for one that needs a total restoration and I just can't afford that at the moment Sad
Thanks given by:
Uhhh you do realise that have already posted all them pics in my project thread lmao

Thanks given by:
Yeh, I do did after I'd posted. Went and edited the post, but can't have taken the pics out again.
Sorry dude.
Thanks given by:
So yeah iv done loads to this recently and havnt touched the 306 for months lol

On this iv done.

* New turbo CHRA (more boost!!!!)
* New sump gasket
* Oils &filters
* Return to center steering damper
* Decat straight through
* Bonnet guard & Rope holder
* Rear work lights
* Took out leaky sun roofs and plated over
* New +2 rear shocks
* Spare set of wheels refurbed with more road friendly A/T tyres

But as usual iv taken F all photos lol

So heres an action 1

Thanks given by:
Do you know roughly what MPG you get out of this bud? Veg?
Thanks given by:
Yeah crap! With the 33" tyres on 20mpg with the more road friendly 30" tyres 25-30 if you keep it under 55mph. Any thing over 60 it really drinks

Thats on diesel i dont run it on veg. @20 psi. Lda at max & max fuel wound out a little. But any lesser tune the pick up is dangerously slow

Thanks given by:
Im hankering for one, might even sell the e90, get a e46 touring & one of these for the weekend. I loved my petrol one but need more than 17mpg.

Can you run them on veg?
Thanks given by:
Yeah they will run veg. I read alot of the time its recomended to run a fuel heater because of the seals . But then other people say it isnt needed. But yeah it will run it they use a bosch VE. Unless its a later 300tdi auto. Which uses a ecu controlled pump (other than that identical engine)

Thanks given by:
Mmmn that's not bad then, price wise that's equivalent to mid 30's running veg then. Hhhmmm.. Man maths..
Thanks given by:
Its a hell of alot better than the v8 either way.

Thanks given by:
A standardish road going Disco on all terrain tyres should do around 25 - 29mpg on diesel if not driven too hard.
My old 300 Tdi tow car I had, returned late mid to late 20's locally and just under 30 on a run.
I had de-cat'd it, single box exhaust, k&n, shortened the wastegate actuator rod by 7mm, turned the diaphragm and lowered the starwheel to about 3mm, but not ground the taper pin at all. Plenty of poke, even with my 16' trailer and trialer on the back.
Thanks given by:
looking good!
Thanks given by:
[attachment=22004]

[attachment=22005]

[attachment=22006]

[attachment=22007]

Im cant even remember what iv done to this since the last up date as im just constantly breaking stuff off roading so just pics. I have added wide arches and 40mm wheel spacers which the wheel bearings arnt to happy about and some pics with my dads 35" mach 5s on lol

[attachment=22008]

Thanks given by:
Off road stuff makes me feel ill. Bouncy bouncy.. *barf*

That said I've done a little bit of it, and it is enjoyable. Nice to see the effort you've put in Smile
Thanks given by:
You have a licence for a tank but 4x4s make you sick...... ok then :S lol

Thanks given by:
Tanks made me sick, the only job I liked doing was driving. Being a gunner was horrible!

We used to drive land rover wolfs as well, think they are pretty much 110's. Fun!
Thanks given by:
Yeah a wolf is just a 110 with some stuff on they only supply millitary . So if your at war ....... you have to pull the tank over so you can get out to be sick lmao

Thanks given by:
Ah right thought so. The wolfs have shit windows. RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE! ARG. And yeah, pretty much!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Td5 disco daily workhorse. Modifications & maintenance ahoy! Matt-Rallye 59 18,406 19-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye