The dog rough estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dog rough estate
Heater matrix leaking by the look of that water in the footwell. Check the coolant?

Why would you buy something this rough to stage 2? You could have had my HDi in under a month lol.

Did you pay 300 quid, then spend 300 more so far even getting it somewhere near roadworthy?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Starting issues really can often be as simple as battery and poor wiring. If it still feels slow get some battery cables from Halfords and do battery-starter-alternator and also re run a few of the big earths back to the battery. Oh and use decent bolt on battery terminals, clip on ones are rubbish. I've not had a 306 yet that this hasn't massively improved the starting even if it wasn't really bad in the first place.
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2014, 08:08 AM)C2K Wrote: Heater matrix leaking by the look of that water in the footwell. Check the coolant?

Why would you buy something this rough to stage 2? You could have had my HDi in under a month lol.

Did you pay 300 quid, then spend 300 more so far even getting it somewhere near roadworthy?

Coolant level is ok, was a bit low when I picked it up but it's been fine for the last week. The thermostat housing weeps a little though.

I bought it thinking most cars need most things doing now days and I didn't really want anything to mint as I would be gutted when it gets damaged while using it for karting. I was gutted I missed out on this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-PEUGEOT-3...true&rt=nc he only wanted £450.

The stage two is only for shits n' gigs as the kids say.

Yep, I bought it for £300 and I've spent them same on top but most that went on R70 pump, intercooler, pipe work and a new MAF.

How much do you think you'll sell your car for? I've always wondered how much I'd get for my 300k mile muncher, It's probably in better condition than most cars with half it's miles.

(21-02-2014, 10:55 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Starting issues really can often be as simple as battery and poor wiring. If it still feels slow get some battery cables from Halfords and do battery-starter-alternator and also re run a few of the big earths back to the battery. Oh and use decent bolt on battery terminals, clip on ones are rubbish. I've not had a 306 yet that this hasn't massively improved the starting even if it wasn't really bad in the first place.

I think you're right about the clamps and I think that was the cause of the starting issue. I'm going to replace the clamps but I do like the original quick release ones that came with the car. I've never had a problem with them on my dturbo.

When I think, I've got this car and I've spent £600 it does sound depressing.
Thanks given by:
Only just realised your just down the road in Dunstable. Not coming up to the Bicester meet tomorrow?
Thanks given by:
I'm working over this weekend but I might be able to come after work if it's still going on.

Would you mind updating the first post with the details please.
Thanks given by:
No major updates as I was working over the weekend but I did stick a dehumidifier and heater in it to dry it out.

As there are no speakers in it one of the bits of plastic that goes behind the NS speaker was catching the water and directing it in to the car. I've adjusted the plastic and no more water has appeared in the footwell.

[Image: DSCN0492_zps84316837.jpg]
Before

[Image: IMG_20140220_124236_zpsf19eg4ke.jpg]
Now

[Image: IMG_20140222_150421_zpslufvlrt2.jpg]
Drying the car out.

I've got a new aux belt to replace the one thats on it, as you can see it really could do with changing.

[Image: DSCN0996_zpsd847bd14.jpg]

I'm not sure whether to take the skirt off the N/S to be a bit different or to get a replacement one for the O/S thats missing.

[Image: DSCN1006_zpsf46f7b78.jpg]
Without

[Image: DSCN1015_zpsc065ff1c.jpg]
With

I think the lines look better without.
Thanks given by:
Yeh amazingly the lines look better without! How did you clean the rear? with a wet vac?
Thanks given by:
I used works industrial dry vacuum cleaner, the thing has two high power motors.

I will be using a wet vac soon, just need to get some cleaning liquid for it.

The skirt looks odd to me on the estates. The line from the front doesn't match, probably would with a splitter but then the back bumper starts to high.

The only thing, I could do with replacing the missing one skirt to cover up the dent on the sill lol
Thanks given by:
was going to say that if you fit the driver's side it would cover up the dent.

Set of Cyclones/similar alloys would bring the looks up Smile

Glad to see someone having a go and bringing it back to a bit of a standard
Thanks given by:
fair play for tacklinmg that, small changes and its looking better already!
Thanks given by:
It's heading in the right direction. I think little and often is going to be the key here.

I've got some challengers to go on it off my girlfriends car, I just need to get some spacers and longer bolts before I can fit them.
Thanks given by:
shadow chrome challengers be the dogs danglys on it
Thanks given by:
I've had a little play in photoshop. I've not figured out how to change the colour yet and the size isn't quite right but you get the idea.

Can't wait to get some spacers now.

[Image: estateonchallengers_zps135ae2e3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Going really well mate Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 11:29 PM)Tom Wrote: Going really well mate Smile

Cheers Tom.

I got my new key blade and a remote fob so I tomorrow I'll be programing it up and the car will have remote central locking again.

Does anyone know what size spacers I need for Challengers? Was it 10mm on the back and 15mm on the front?
Thanks given by:
Forgot to say challengers look amaze. I though it was more space at the back than the front. You need padge, hes had more challengers than i can count :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Depends on beam camber tbh lol, though it should be more at the back than front.
Thanks given by:
Challangers should fit maybe 5mm 10mm max vortex you need 20mm minimum
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Don't know why, maybe I though more on the front because of the fronts turning.

(26-02-2014, 11:06 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Challangers should fit maybe 5mm 10mm max vortex you need 20mm minimum

Good shout, two of them are Vortex and the other two are Challengers. One strange thing, I know the Vortex usually have centre caps but one of mine does and the other one doesn't, it's just got a groove to make it look like it does?

(26-02-2014, 11:03 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Depends on beam camber tbh lol, though it should be more at the back than front.

Oh yeah one other good point, no camber on the beam.
Thanks given by:
Got the car jacked up for the first today and I had a good look underneath.

I found a few other things to add to my list of faults.

O/S P bush needs replacing
Both outer CV boots split
Drivers door damaged where check strap bolts on
Damaged rad fan
Missing splash guards in engine bay
Front fog light loose, maybe broken mounts

I've had the insurance come through this month so I won't be buying much this month.

I do have some Meyle HD wishbones that I was saving for my Dturbo but I might have to use them on this.

[Image: DSCN1159_zpsc60c0eaf.jpg]How does this happen? It looks like the mounting point in door has been ripped off!

[Image: DSCN1140_zps4edfe907.jpg]Slight split in the boot, I'll have to replace this but the other side...

[Image: DSCN1126_zps7f31e1bc.jpg]I could replace the cable tie with a proper band and I might get away with it.
Thanks given by:
Looks like the boot is torn?

Vortex don't have caps challangers do
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Yeah the N/S one will have to be replaced but I might be ok if I put a metal clip over past the split on the O/S.

One of the alloys look like they have a center cap but it doesn't, I'll have to get a photo of it.
Thanks given by:
This evening I've mainly been fixing the drivers door strap.

I think the strap must have seized, they must have tried forcing the door shut and the mounting point must have got ripped out the door.

[Image: IMG_20140314_175348_zps4jnf8bin.jpg]

I took the door off to see how bad it was.

[Image: IMG_20140314_175424_zpscr6braia.jpg]

It looked like the seized strap had been replaced but the mounting point had not been repaired so the door wouldn't stay open on the strap.

I bent the bits of metal back and did a bit of a bodge with some large washers. It has seem to fix it, if it doesn't hold I'll be welding some plate in there for a better fix.

Looks like there has been a bodge to the door loom also.

[Image: IMG_20140314_180015_zpscrehczbp.jpg]

God knows what's happened here. I'll be investigating tomorrow.

I'll also clean up some of the corrosion in the plug.

[Image: IMG_20140314_180029_zps73ia0qat.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Glad you managed to sort the door strap mate and did what I said use some washers..

If whoever a done the loom has taken the time to tape it up hopefully it isn't too bad bud!
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, cheers for the tip mate. The washers I used weren't the thickest and bent a bit but I'll see how they go.

The thing that concerns me are the wires that they didn't connect back up, also if I try to lock the car via the passenger side they just bounce back up, so I'd like to sort that.

I'll be popping over the breakers yard tomorrow, is there anything you need?
Thanks given by:
Was this at looms scrap yard monday? Saw a right dog rough estate and thought it might of been this, but im guessing your know where near derby.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha, I was Swadlincote Monday evening lol.

I went over to collect some bits from James that evening in it.
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 09:17 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Yeah, cheers for the tip mate. The washers I used weren't the thickest and bent a bit but I'll see how they go.

The thing that concerns me are the wires that they didn't connect back up, also if I try to lock the car via the passenger side they just bounce back up, so I'd like to sort that.

I'll be popping over the breakers yard tomorrow, is there anything you need?

Which wires were they colour and number?

Only thing needed is the little bits that stick out of the rear shelf so I can repair this one and also passenger rear arch bud if
Possible Wink
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 09:56 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Haha, I was Swadlincote Monday evening lol.

I went over to collect some bits from James that evening in it.

Not stopped off at the scrap yard then Undecided
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 10:08 PM)JamesG Wrote: Which wires were they colour and number?

Only thing needed is the little bits that stick out of the rear shelf so I can repair this one and also passenger rear arch bud if
Possible Wink

I'm not sure on numbers or colours, it was starting to get dark and mrs had dinner on so I was in a bit of a rush.

I'm going to be chopping it off, getting another rubber bit and loom from the scrappies tomorrow and repairing it properly. I've also noticed the N/S mirror doesn't go up and down, might be because of this??

I'm going to get a liner from a hatchback and modding it to fit. Would you do the same, shall I get you one too?

(14-03-2014, 10:10 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Not stopped off at the scrap yard then Undecided

Nope, not me.

Haha, another heap of shit looking for spares.

I'm really looking forward to working on it tomorrow Smile
Thanks given by: