The dog rough estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dog rough estate
Not much has happened to warrant an update on this.

Two years without issues is good going.

The last couple of times I've used the car I've had starting issues again but this time it was down to the starter motor solenoid. You'd turn the key and nothing would happen. The strange thing it would only happen when the engine was warm.

I removed the starter on my lunch break.
[Image: IMG_20170104_124304_zpslqvrymcp.jpg]

I took the starter apart.
[Image: IMG_20170104_125122_zpsls12jb0z.jpg]

The solenoid was gummed up.
[Image: IMG_20170104_125127_zpsncscdfcf.jpg]

I took that apart to, cleaned it up, greased it up and put it all back together. The car started up well and I just need to test it when the engine it warm but I'm sure it'll be fine now it's cleaned up.

The other issue I'm now getting is that it's using coolant and I'm not sure where it's going. I've suspected head gasket for a while now because of the pressure in the cooling system. I hope it's not got worse.
Thanks given by:
Ha! Forgot about this thing.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Not surprised, it had been a while since I had to do anything on it. Only gave it an oil change in the summer.

It passed its MOT with no advisory's and it's been running great.
Thanks given by:
What a beast that its still motoring on. especially looking at what you done to it.

Will you sort the motor/drop another in ? or move it on?
Thanks given by:
Not sure at the moment, hopefully it's not the HG but if it is I'll most likely drop another engine in it as they are so cheap.
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2017, 09:18 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Not sure at the moment, hopefully it's not the HG but if it is I'll most likely drop another engine in it as they are so cheap.

ive got a good engine here that im not using. I wouldnt re use the injecotrs or hi pressure pump though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2017, 09:43 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: ive got a good engine here that im not using. I wouldnt re use the injecotrs or hi pressure pump though

Ooh, how much would you want for it and where are you based?

The injectors and HP are all good in mine so that's fine.
Thanks given by:
Bloody drivers door handle broke the other week and I couldn't find white one so bought a new plastic one off eBay. The quality of it is shit. I thought I'd paint it.

[Image: IMG_20170314_162730_zpslnnm0r8y.jpg]

I also thought I'd paint the wing mirror as the paint was wearing off for some strange reason.

[Image: IMG_20170314_121858_zpsitxrcnkt.jpg]

It seems the wing mirror had been replaced at some point.

[Image: IMG_20170314_121925_zps2gr6j2yk.jpg]

Wing mirror all painted and fitted.

[Image: IMG_20170314_162724_zpsigfcnmlf.jpg]

Both done.

[Image: IMG_20170315_180114_zpsusy7rmhh.jpg]

When I used to push the door to it would never latch properly, I played around with the door strap and the latch. The only thing that worked was replacing the catch.

Old one.
[Image: IMG_20170321_133124_zpszj9gpyb0.jpg]

New (used) fitted.
[Image: IMG_20170321_133157_zpsdfi79v8o.jpg]

The door shuts a treat now.

Today I finally got around to fitting the gear linkages I bought two or so years back because there is loads of play in the stick and some gears wouldn't go in as nice.

New with old.
[Image: IMG_20170408_164248_zps9szxhezg.jpg]

New ones fitted.
[Image: IMG_20170408_170024_zpsqw8bimds.jpg]

I found the linkages are a lot easier to fit from a combination of beneath and through the passenger wheel well.

After fitting I still have loads of play and I've not had chance to go for a test drive yet. I think the selector ball and bush are too worn.
Thanks given by:
The car was in a bit of a state, it had been parked up most of winter. Lots of green stuff and bird poo all over it so gave it a much needed wash. It could really do with some t-cut and a polish.

[Image: IMG_20170409_190416_zpsu3uwb4fv.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20170409_190403_zps3xkkzn2g.jpg]

Looking a bit more respectable now.

The bonnet and front bumper are letting it down now and it could do with that little trim on the wing to.

I really wish I'd painted that wing mirror cover sooner.
Thanks given by:
Needs fake Police stickers Smile

Or maybe Gendarmerie ones instead!

http://i.imgur.com/ikHvYgN.jpg
Thanks given by:
The car has been running great since the last up date.

I gave it a service last week and I've noticed it's got a slight boost leak.

I took it work and tried to fix it on my lunch break.

I was going to take a few more photos but forgot.

Photo below is when I reattached the elbow.

I really impressed on how well it drives in the snow. [Image: dd147cdd130d040874a92d9212b528eb.jpg]
Thanks given by: