French Car Show 7th - 8th June 2014 - Castle Combe, Wiltshire

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: French Car Show 7th - 8th June 2014 - Castle Combe, Wiltshire
Lmao I know nothing we could do about it when we got there Sad :L

Only testing we had was to driving it to get it tracked, funny video to that I'll put it up soon Tongue

Did sort it out a little though in the second session, by putting screws into the front by the badge, we need a new one now anyway Tongue carbon fibre hopefully Smile
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 07:05 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Haha what happens in FCS stays at FCS, anything goes...

....with enough force and spit Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
You lot crack me up! Smile

I had a great weekend too, despite spending most of my time with gate/staffing duties, organisation of the day and before I knew it we'd finished...

Really wanted to spend more time chatting to you all, and supping a few beers - but have to say was great eating hog, drinking beer and chatting cars with you on the second night.

JP Smile
JP
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 09:35 PM)jammapic Wrote: You lot crack me up! Smile

I had a great weekend too, despite spending most of my time with gate/staffing duties, organisation of the day and before I knew it we'd finished...

Really wanted to spend more time chatting to you all, and supping a few beers - but have to say was great eating hog, drinking beer and chatting cars with you on the second night.

JP Smile

Was good to have a quick chat with you yesterday mate Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 08:21 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(08-06-2014, 07:05 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Haha what happens in FCS stays at FCS, anything goes...

lmao

Annnnnnnnd that perfectly summarises the general tone of the entire weekend.

I did have to consciously consider my conversation at the dinner table tonight, after a weekend banter with everyone lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 09:59 PM)Grant Wrote:
(08-06-2014, 08:21 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:

lmao

Annnnnnnnd that perfectly summarises the general tone of the entire weekend.

I did have to consciously consider my conversation at the dinner table tonight, after a weekend banter with everyone lol

We know what kind of pervy pictures you was taking on your phone! Undecided
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha telling rowell to fly the camera above girls tops and he flies it over the lads, sums up the manlove filled weekend..
Thanks given by:
Absolutely despite several "fly other there birds and tits in close proximity" he flew it over the fat middle aged man in the renaultsport shirt!
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 07:54 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: Lmao I know nothing we could do about it when we got there Sad :L

Only testing we had was to driving it to get it tracked, funny video to that I'll put it up soon Tongue

Did sort it out a little though in the second session, by putting screws into the front by the badge, we need a new one now anyway Tongue carbon fibre hopefully Smile

Looked really quite all day mate is it a standard engine?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
It was funny when the flying copter got more attetion than most things all week end 40 or so of us staring at it in the camping was good
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Was a great day for me and the family. Nice seeing all the old and as per normal never spoke to as many of the new as I should lol. And the bumper cars was too much fun lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 10:08 AM)Kwik Wrote: Was a great day for me and the family. Nice seeing all the old and as per normal never spoke to as many of the new as I should lol. And the bumper cars was too much fun lol

Sorry I couldn't chat when you said hello mate, was proper rushing about. Must've gone on the dodgems 10 times lol
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 06:48 AM)mikey b Wrote: It was funny when the flying copter got more attetion than most things all week end 40 or so of us staring at it in the camping was good

yeah I spotted that...what was that thing!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Was a video recorder of some sort
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 10:45 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(09-06-2014, 10:08 AM)Kwik Wrote: Was a great day for me and the family. Nice seeing all the old and as per normal never spoke to as many of the new as I should lol. And the bumper cars was too much fun lol

Sorry I couldn't chat when you said hello mate, was proper rushing about. Must've gone on the dodgems 10 times lol

That's cool was manic in the morn lol. And we went in afternoon while dum was on track. The kids still managed to get on the bumper cars 8 times and told me off 4 times for targeting them lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 06:27 AM)7057sam Wrote:
(08-06-2014, 07:54 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: Lmao I know nothing we could do about it when we got there Sad :L

Looked really quite all day mate is it a standard engine?

Yeah mate it is 138 thousand on it and still going strong lol
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 11:34 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(09-06-2014, 06:48 AM)mikey b Wrote: It was funny when the flying copter got more attetion than most things all week end 40 or so of us staring at it in the camping was good

yeah I spotted that...what was that thing!?

I believe it had a go-pro cam in there that was constantly recording!
Really excited to see all that footage!

Brilliant weekend! 4 complaints and a cop call on us... And we werent even partying that hard!
Bring on Pugfest!

SQUARE GO LIKE
French Wench
Thanks given by:
lol

I'm going to get a banner made saying that for pugfest Rofl

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 01:34 PM)Grant Wrote: lol

What, square go like? Yes and yes.
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 01:47 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(09-06-2014, 01:34 PM)Grant Wrote: lol

What, square go like? Yes and yes.

Indeed. I reckon about 10 ft long would do lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
The cops were callled on us?! I thought we were the victims?
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 02:06 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: The cops were callled on us?! I thought we were the victims?

Lol I think the security were just saying that for effect really. I can't see who would of called the police. Probably them cocks from PEG actually who tried to grass us up then several of tj
Got kicked out them selves for being pricks lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'm not even sure what happened! I got some Chinese whispers about someone getting hit my a car/trailer and a fight breaking out over it.

Never mind!
Thanks given by:
Don't worry about it... the next morning the person / people who caused the issue got their comeuppance...

Smile
JP
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 02:52 PM)jammapic Wrote: Don't worry about it... the next morning the person / people who caused the issue got their comeuppance...

Smile

If that's what I'm assuming, was pretty funny to watch from our front row seats lol
Thanks given by:
They did pebbles right next to my car I thought they'd hit that Sad phew was just someone's elbow but the guy got out the truck and squared upto whoever elbow it had hit
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 03:37 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(09-06-2014, 02:52 PM)jammapic Wrote: Don't worry about it... the next morning the person / people who caused the issue got their comeuppance...

Smile

If that's what I'm assuming, was pretty funny to watch from our front row seats lol

This lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Better not go into detail on a public forum (got to keep some degree of decorum, right? Tongue) but basically certain individuals weren't allowed into the show... which really pissed HER off..

Wink

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2014, 02:11 PM)Niall Wrote:
(09-06-2014, 02:06 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: The cops were callled on us?! I thought we were the victims?

Lol I think the security were just saying that for effect really. I can't see who would of called the police. Probably them cocks from PEG actually who tried to grass us up then several of tj
Got kicked out them selves for being pricks lol
Yeah apparently the mouthy bird with the hooves from PEG who was effing and jeffing at me saying she was going to call security after a load of us climbed through a couple of trees on site decided that climbing trees also warranted calling the police. Predictably the police didn't turn up as climbing through trees on a campsite where your allowed to be isn't a crime. Security did however come over and we had an adult conversation about the appropriateness of my behaviour as somehow I got made the scapegoat for that.

It just shows that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones as it was at least one of them (the PEG guys) got kicked out the next morning for being knob heads.

As for the 4 complaints that we apparently got during the weekend one was for revving cars at 7am (this was the PEG guys the morning before they got kicked out for exactly the same thing), one was for playing loud music (this was the 207 guys the other side of us), one was our hedge climbing and one was us being too loud (at about 7pm in the evening as were were shouting "car" (about 50 times (it was hilarious after a few beers)) every time a car came to get people out the way as because space was tight on the site we were standing in the roadway)

(09-06-2014, 02:13 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: I'm not even sure what happened! I got some Chinese whispers about someone getting hit my a car/trailer and a fight breaking out over it.
Thats a whole different thing;
A van towing a 205 on a trailer was driving out of the campsite past our tents at nearly midnight saturday night and we heard a crash and saw the van stop. It was so close to our cars and it was a loud enough crash we actually thought he had hit some of our 306s but it turns out there was people walking (in the same direction as the van on the side our cars were) and because the van had been so stupidly close he had clipped one of their shoulders with the wing mirror of the 205 on the trailer. A few of us went over straight away to check the cars and the driver was squaring up to the guys he had hit saying they had hit him lots of effing and jeffing etc, anyway I decided that this would get blamed on us (like the 4 above complaints) and wasn't having a further stain on the clubs reputation so I got between them and told the driver to go away and he decided to argue and square up to me so I pushed him back towards his van but he decided he'd rather get toe to toe with me however after a couple of seconds of trying to stare out my moobs he must of realised he had no chance and so this time when i told him to f*ck off and leave he did.
Thanks given by:
There you go... hence the "she" in my last message Smile She was a hormonal dickhead and unfortunately, as above, Dum took the wrap for it.

Thankfully he took it on the chin and after we had calmed security down, and told them you lot were alright, "The Enforcer" gave up on the whole "they are all going home" path he seemed to be on.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 08/09/18 Eeyore 15 15,845 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: cully
  Show: French Car Show 2018 - Donington - 7th & 8th July 2018 Eeyore 19 16,940 04-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Show: Castle Combe - Spring Action Day - 07/04/18 Eeyore 43 18,287 08-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000