French Car Show 7th - 8th June 2014 - Castle Combe, Wiltshire

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: French Car Show 7th - 8th June 2014 - Castle Combe, Wiltshire
If you need any help with anything, I dont work fridays and im 30mins down the road
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2014, 06:08 PM)Niall Wrote:
(04-06-2014, 06:01 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: When will you be there Niall? I should be there when it opens so I'll have a word with the marshalls. I'll fire off an email to Mark Dow as well.

Well I'm going over tomorrow eve then we are going there on the friday morning/lunch to sort out anything that may need it so can be there any time really

Thought they weren't letting people in until 6? If we can get in earlier I'll come earlier and help, got all day Friday off anyway.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2014, 06:26 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(04-06-2014, 06:08 PM)Niall Wrote:
(04-06-2014, 06:01 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: When will you be there Niall? I should be there when it opens so I'll have a word with the marshalls. I'll fire off an email to Mark Dow as well.

Well I'm going over tomorrow eve then we are going there on the friday morning/lunch to sort out anything that may need it so can be there any time really

Thought they weren't letting people in until 6? If we can get in earlier I'll come earlier and help, got all day Friday off anyway.

General public no they aren't. Literally only marking out spaces i believe so doesn't even need 3 of us lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Leave us a space for a large tent, same as last year.
Its having 7/8 of us in, should be there for 6 anyway
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nipped over to combe to see what our area was like, Here it is:

[Image: 20140605_105824.jpg]
[Image: 20140605_105846.jpg]
[Image: 20140605_113648.jpg]

By the looks of things, its one of the bigger of the plots, only issue being there is a hedge that runs through part. The bigger bit is obviously ours with the smaller bit (wide enough for a diagonal car) is ambiguous. I'm unsure who this belongs to, but I reckon we could claim it, lining it with the runners up for the Front Row Submissions or track users. Here is my plan:

[Image: Untitled-3copy.jpg]

The area shaded orange MUST be captured and held IMMEDIATELY! Or the 106 boys will steal it!

Plus, here is the camping area:

[Image: 20140605_112510.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think that bit the other side of the hedge would normally be part of the plot opposite, IE 106oc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I dont see why it should be. Its on our patch, with a cut through. And besides, their area is separated from it by the road.
Thanks given by:
It's the same plot as last year.just the one side of the hedge with the path up the middle
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
Balls.

Oh by the way, Mrs Puglove. I think I saw your car and your boyfriend at the lansdowne pug a while back. Take it you live near Calne?
Thanks given by:
Yeah in calne.we saw you at bowood?
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
Anyway....is anyone bringing a proper BBQ with them, or should i get a disposable for tomorrow night? Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Also require tent space saving please if anyone can hold the thought in their head after a few beers Smile
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2014, 12:30 PM)Mrs puglove Wrote: Yeah in calne.we saw you at bowood?

Oh you were there were you?! I didn't see you, sorry. I just went over and said a big hi to your fella, lol. This was a while back now mind!

Also, we wont be arriving until at least 8pm. To be honest though, I'm not arsed where I camp so no need to save space! Smile
Thanks given by:
Possible silly question but not been before so;

Will the food vans be open tomorrow? I know they will on Sat/Sun obviously. Missus turned her nose up when I mentioned pot noodles lol
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2014, 01:55 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Possible silly question but not been before so;

Will the food vans be open tomorrow? I know they will on Sat/Sun obviously. Missus turned her nose up when I mentioned pot noodles lol

I dont believe there are any food vans on the friday. I may be wrong but as far as im aware its just camping with the 300m2 tent with hogroast for VIP?
Thanks given by:
Thought hog roast was Saturday?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2014, 01:55 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Possible silly question but not been before so;

If you need hot water put your cup under the Zeds engine lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Hi all,

Been setting this up today.

Just to let you know, that area behind the bush IS yours... If you need a bit more space, I can move the barriers around a bit. Niall, do you want to give me a buzz when you get here and we will sort it.

As for camping, no-one has guaranteed camping spaces, nothing has been reserved.... again, that said - I have some barrier tape, my car and some fence posts - so I'm happy to cordon you somewhere off if you want? To be honest, it would be useful if DumDum (known as the gatekeeper for the evening) were near the gate, and you all, to keep an eye on the security guards and people trying to sneak in without paying.

Cheers,

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Thanks for clarifying the stand layout mate.

That's quite frustrating about camping as I have has numerous messages from Mark confirming that we have our own camping area allocated. I've sent you a pm but if you are happy to set out an area using some tape that would be much appreciated. Thanks
Thanks given by:
I've just spoken to him about it, it sounds like there was a miss communication. I think he thought you meant can you corden off an area when you get here - which you can. But if you want a specific place keeping, that's something I'll have to do on the down low for you.

Is by the gate / showers / toilets etc where you want to be? Basically, by that fence in the pic pebbles took?

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Id rather be out of the way
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
OK, only place out of the way is right at the far end, away from the bar, food, entertainment, toilets and showers.

JP

Also, do you want me to put a 306oc sign on the bit near the "stupid f*cking bush" ??

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Out of the way is a double edged sword TBH somewhere that is a naturally defensible space is probably best wherever it is. I'll give you a hand setting it up tomorrow xx
Thanks given by:
Sorry im sure this has already been asked,

What time are people just attending for purely the show on the saturday able to arrive / get in to the show / park on stand? (earliest / latest)
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Is it me or does the camping area look fairly small?
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2014, 09:06 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Sorry im sure this has already been asked,

What time are people just attending for purely the show on the saturday able to arrive / get in to the show / park on stand? (earliest / latest)

Theres a few meeting up at J16 of M5, we all intend to get there for 8am, as gates open at 7, track opens at 9.

Im hoping/guessing we can park up by 8am on the OC stand?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
darren the flyer ive got says gates open at 7:30am on the sataurday thats the time im aiming to be their Wink
Thanks given by:
[attachment=16642]

Smile

Im not moaning or anything but as I wasnt at FCS last year, when we arrive is there a 306oc member to direct us where to park on the stand? Smile I dont wana be the morron who plonks me motor in the wrong spot
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
drive in the gate turn left and park next to all the other 306s on your right lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I know where the stand is....
Just I dont wana be the FCS 306oc newb' who parks it in the wrong spot.
Plus, in the convoy Im leading Sat Am, we have Cully, ZXvolcane, Ozone, n Me, all front row cars...so knowing if the staff want us in a particular spot would be good so we dont block the traffic up Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 08/09/18 Eeyore 15 15,847 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: cully
  Show: French Car Show 2018 - Donington - 7th & 8th July 2018 Eeyore 19 16,943 04-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Show: Castle Combe - Spring Action Day - 07/04/18 Eeyore 43 18,294 08-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000