Dodgy indicators

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodgy indicators
A friend of mine owns a 306 with indicator problems ( mine are fine ) Smile we have replaced the relay and all was well but now you have to turn the heated rear screen on to make them work or generally just bang the dash, I'm thinking possibly dodgy hazard switch or wiring, but is there anything else around that area that could cause issue? Thanks
Thanks given by:
Possibly the indicator / light stalk itself. The contacts wear out over time and it's enough to drive a sane man over the edge with the constant ticking.

Worth removing the steering cowl (3 screws) and the stalk (2 or 3 screws) and inspecting it. You can dismantle it if you're confident enough, but there are small parts inside so don't do it outside - go indoors and set about it at a desk / table. You may be able to rescue it by cleaning up the contacts, otherwise it's a case of getting a known working one second hand.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Mine developed this same problem over the past few days ...now it wont indicate left at all ...pretty sure its a bmw disguised as a 306 lol...new sgalk time for me
Thanks given by:
Cheers, I'll check it out, mine has the constant ticking it's only very occasionally though but it drives me insane
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Indicators and Hazards not working. CaptainHair 5 2,971 19-01-2020, 06:47 PM
Last Post: CaptainHair
  indicators wont work :/ hilly5672 2 1,464 24-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Last Post: hilly5672
  no indicators Leemus 4 2,483 22-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Eeyore