Launch Control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launch Control
Hey everyone, I have a 306 HDi 2.0 PH3 and was wondering, is my car compatible for a Omex Rev-limiter and launch control? Can this device be installed successfully in my car, and if so, how?

Heres the item here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130968616630

Thanks everyone
Thanks given by:
A decent remapper can install launch control
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2014, 07:03 AM)Frosty Wrote: A decent remapper can install launch control

Can you direct me to one? My main reason is so the car bounces the revs at 3.5K (just for showing of) in neutral. Also will it mess up my current map if i installed the new launch control?
Thanks given by:
I'm not that clues up on it to be honest but I think jp can do it. Have a search on here for him. I keep seeing good thinks about his mapping. Also think pro Steve is able to do it. It depends who is more local to you.
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2014, 07:10 AM)Frosty Wrote: I'm not that clues up on it to be honest but I think jp can do it. Have a search on here for him. I keep seeing good thinks about his mapping. Also think pro Steve is able to do it. It depends who is more local to you.

Yeah I have seen Pro steves website, but never his launch control. I will get in contact with both. Many thanks for your help lad.
Thanks given by:
Why would you rev a diesel to show it off? And who the hell does that impress?

Genuine question, since I spend most of my time trying not to listen to my engine...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
And fyi, that one on ebay works on the coil pack...

Which diesels dont have
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Diesel or no, why not just hold the revs at launch speed with the pedal?
You have all the controls available to you in the car already to get a good launch, and in a low-powered FWD road car you don't need a computer because it's impossible to figure it out using manual pedals, especially given that an optimum launch will be changeable given the different road surfaces and dampnesses.

It's your car, but it seems like an awful lot of money to spend on no practical gain.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Proper launch control involves a lot more than just holding the revs..you want some win retard and long injections to get the turbo chooching at full boost from stationary launch.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2014, 10:06 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Proper launch control involves a lot more than just holding the revs..you want some win retard and long injections to get the turbo chooching at full boost from stationary launch.
Yes, but in a FWD diesel you've all the tools available to you to get a decent launch. Was just making the point that it's a fair amount of money for slightly better launches.

I suppose spooling the turbo up more would be a bit more fun though.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Yes another excuse to use my meme!

[Image: launchcontrol_zps14809035.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
you want decent launch? get a petrol engine...

with a turbo.

and not fwd.

that'll impress the teenage girls down maccydees far better.
Thanks given by:
What he said^^

I been in a scoob with launch control/antilag. Its brutal.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2014, 11:08 AM)Tom Wrote: Yes another excuse to use my meme!

[Image: launchcontrol_zps14809035.jpg]
Saved. lmao

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I made that myself, especially for threads like this :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2014, 12:39 PM)Tom Wrote: What he said^^

I been in a scoob with launch control/antilag. Its brutal.

'sactly.

Been in an R32 Golf DSG - not sure if it had a launch control option or the owner just floored it, but it's like chalk and cheese in comparison to any FWD I've ever been in!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Depends if it plays with the timing and stuff. Proper launch control backs the ignition timing right off so so your almost igniting the mixture with the exhaust valve open, shooting all that heat and gas at the turbo, so in theory your on the spot turbo spooled ready to go, you drop the clutch and f*cking rocket off! Having 4wd just you launch and not light up some wheels lol.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I remember when I did my first ever proper pull off in my old hdi, Rev's was when turbo kicks in it flew I shit my self as it was biggest car I owned at the time, before it was mapped.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Your car already has launch control

It's called clutch control Wink
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by: