Ok need key help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok need key help
I have a 1999 hdi with a two button unlock and lock.
thought it was a dead battery and changed it still nothing.
reprogrammed and nothing.
check the the rf works on it but doesn't open or close it
The ignition key does that
Got to love it when you have no ideaDodgy
Thanks given by:
So the RF works, the key opens and closes the door, and it turns the engine on and off.... What more are you expecting from a key!? Confused

I'm guessing I've missed something lol, but it would help if you could try to use some punctuation. Even a few full stops would help as that's pretty hard to read. Smile
Thanks given by:
Does the RF work? How can you tell?
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 07:28 PM)SRowell Wrote: Does the RF work? How can you tell?

Rf was tested at peugeot and work perfectly could it be that it its the wrong code it's sending?

(06-02-2014, 06:40 PM)Toms306 Wrote: So the RF works, the key opens and closes the door, and it turns the engine on and off.... What more are you expecting from a key!? Confused

I'm guessing I've missed something lol, but it would help if you could try to use some punctuation. Even a few full stops would help as that's pretty hard to read. Smile

Yes rf works but it does not open and close door

The ignition key does everything
Thanks given by:
So... what happens when you press the unlock button? the lights flash but the doors dont unlock?
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 07:33 PM)SRowell Wrote: So... what happens when you press the unlock button? the lights flash but the doors dont unlock?

Yeah the light on the rf sensor did flash but it doesn't unlock it at all
Thanks given by:
Was the key re paired by peugeot? Using the code on the blue credit card thing that comes with the car? What lights are you seeing? as the rf sensor isn't visible on the 306. SRowell meant do the indicators flash when using the key fob?
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Lights don't flash and the light that showed was the one on the rf sensor that I had it checked with which means it is working but the car isn't receiving the signal

Which to me means it not sending right signal for car

And no idea if it was done a peugeot I got car like this
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna be doing this then and probably what you need to do. Was quotes £170 to recode the key and recode the rf unit which is what I need to do. Apparently can't extract the old key code have to completely put on new one.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Na not worth it then lol key works So not doing that lol
Thanks given by:
Sorry 70 not 170 :L hoping I can get in touch of my previous owner see if they have the card and find someone with pugplanet to pair my key.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Ah that's fair enough is that price with peugeot it self
Thanks given by:
As I remember was the quoted price for the time it'd take I guess they could program more keys and give you your new code number for future reference. Yeah peugeot near me bengrys in Leominster.

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
The code alone is 30, I think that's what I paid when I reprogrammed mine with pp.

The buttons are fairly prone to wearing
Thanks given by:
Get your codes from http://www.peugeotcodes.com/

I've used him a couple of times and he's come up trumps every time. Only £13!!

Rob, I'll be in Wolves in a couple of weeks if you would like your key paired to your car?

Camoturd, There is no RF light on a phase 3 key. I think you might have the wrong fob on your key.
Thanks given by:
I know that the fob doesn't but the detector that sees if the rf signal is being sent has so my key sends a signal but car doesn't recognise it at all so I think they are not paired at all

Also if I wanted to pair my own keys to car what would I need and has anyone got a link to one so I can possibly get it
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid...&_from=R40

You will need a laptop running Windows XP to run the program it needs.
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 09:17 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid...&_from=R40

You will need a laptop running Windows XP to run the program it needs.

Is any of these work or just some
Thanks given by:
I'll give that guy a go mate and I might be in Wolverhampton soon with my friend who has the same problem and may want his done too cheers mate Smile

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by: