Thumbs Down 
Stripped bare of parts when the owner had to abandon the car in the floods
Whoops
http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/local-ne...ts-6673528
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
one word for that, and that's raped!!
Thanks given by:
Perhaps it's a sad reflection on the state of society, but surely no one is surprised that a nearly new Audi RS left abandoned in a quiet location for weeks was targetted?

Pretty inevitable that it was going to get vandalised and bits stolen from it, although I admit I wouldn't have expected to quite that extent!
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Must have been hard not to look suspicious going down there with an engine crane and huge toolkit

And who takes a roof?!?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Guarantee that it was taken away then the bare shell brought back. Not really any other way around it.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I agree that is the most likely way it happened, although I do wonder why they'd bother with the risk of taking the shell back to where they took it from though rather than just "disposing" of it through a bent scrap metal dealer.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
The owner probably did it.....insurance have gotta get him anew car now rather than just dry out the old one.... Rolleyes

I really cant see that being genuine tbh.
Thanks given by:
Surely it would have been easier to just torch it if that were the case?

Something doesn't add up I admit given the extent to which it was stripped, but certainly wheels, interior, brakes and RS specific body parts (e.g. bumpers) I would have expected to be taken with it being sat there abandoned for such a period of time given the desirability of such bits - hell, it's far from unheard of for car to be stripped of them at night when they're parked in dealer compounds or similar.
Thanks given by:
Torch it? Not gonna be easy with the weather lately lol...

I don't know what happened with it, but somethings not right as you say. I mean, if you had a 60k car that you had to abandon in a flood one night, wouldn't you be back as soon as possible to collect or recover it? I know I would...
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 04:17 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: I agree that is the most likely way it happened, although I do wonder why they'd bother with the risk of taking the shell back to where they took it from though rather than just "disposing" of it through a bent scrap metal dealer.

disposing of it will be a problem, as you need a licence or something now, to weigh stuff in at some scrap metal yards. due to things that have been stolen and weighed in by pikes and chavs.
i know that wont have been an over night job, as that's takes time to get a car in that stage, been a bout 2 days work easy
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 02:54 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: Perhaps it's a sad reflection on the state of society, but surely no one is surprised that a nearly new Audi RS left abandoned in a quiet location for weeks was targetted?

Pretty inevitable that it was going to get vandalised and bits stolen from it, although I admit I wouldn't have expected to quite that extent!

Couldn't agree more. Perfectly put.

Sad really, but that's the world we live in.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I think you missed the word before scrap metal dealer Big Grin
They still exist
Thanks given by:
Torch it ??? whats left to torch??? lol

But its easy to find who done it IMO,

That has quite obviously been cut up to repair another RS5, That rear quarter has been cut out for another car, you can tell how well its been cut down the sill and over the inner arch. So find who has stoved in the rear quarter / the current owner of that car (bound to be an insurance claim & most likley local) and boom you know who did it!! not rocket science !!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 04:50 PM)procta Wrote: disposing of it will be a problem, as you need a licence or something now, to weigh stuff in at some scrap metal yards. due to things that have been stolen and weighed in by pikes and chavs.

In theory yes, in reality sadly no - hence my comment of a bent scrap metal dealer as there are still unquestionably plenty of them about. I mean, you've only got to look at the sheer amount of copper, lead etc that is still being stolen week in, week out to realise that it's being sold quite easily despite the new rules.

(06-02-2014, 05:33 PM)puglove Wrote: Torch it ??? whats left to torch??? lol

I meant if it was the owner and all they wanted was to ensure that the car was replaced / paid out and not dried out and "repaired" then they would have torched the car when it was still complete. No one would have questioned that it would have been vandals had an abandoned and previously vandalised car caught fire in the dead of night.

(06-02-2014, 05:33 PM)puglove Wrote: That has quite obviously been cut up to repair another RS5, That rear quarter has been cut out for another car, you can tell how well its been cut down the sill and over the inner arch. So find who has stoved in the rear quarter / the current owner of that car (bound to be an insurance claim & most likley local) and boom you know who did it!! not rocket science !!

Best guess would be repairing an insurance write off RS5 from somewhere that sells off cars for the insurance companies. Certainly that would make sense, as many of those cars are sold at prices that it makes no sense at all to repair them legitimately nor any sense breaking them for parts. This being the case the parts could have gone anywhere, even overseas.

I can't see many people that own a nearly new RS5 not having it insured fully comp!
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 05:57 PM)powerandtorque Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 04:50 PM)procta Wrote: disposing of it will be a problem, as you need a licence or something now, to weigh stuff in at some scrap metal yards. due to things that have been stolen and weighed in by pikes and chavs.

In theory yes, in reality sadly no - hence my comment of a bent scrap metal dealer as there are still unquestionably plenty of them about. I mean, you've only got to look at the sheer amount of copper, lead etc that is still being stolen week in, week out to realise that it's being sold quite easily despite the new rules.

(06-02-2014, 05:33 PM)puglove Wrote: Torch it ??? whats left to torch??? lol

I meant if it was the owner and all they wanted was to ensure that the car was replaced / paid out and not dried out and "repaired" then they would have torched the car when it was still complete. No one would have questioned that it would have been vandals had an abandoned and previously vandalised car caught fire in the dead of night.

(06-02-2014, 05:33 PM)puglove Wrote: That has quite obviously been cut up to repair another RS5, That rear quarter has been cut out for another car, you can tell how well its been cut down the sill and over the inner arch. So find who has stoved in the rear quarter / the current owner of that car (bound to be an insurance claim & most likley local) and boom you know who did it!! not rocket science !!

Best guess would be repairing an insurance write off RS5 from somewhere that sells off cars for the insurance companies. Certainly that would make sense, as many of those cars are sold at prices that it makes no sense at all to repair them legitimately nor any sense breaking them for parts. This being the case the parts could have gone anywhere, even overseas.

I can't see many people that own a nearly new RS5 not having it insured fully comp!

From what I hear, some with these types of expensive cars don't bother with insurance at all as if they are above the law Undecided
Thanks given by:
Are flood damaged cars always written off due to the fact there is raw sewage in that water

And what kind of person would leave any car there for so long let alone one worth 60k
Thanks given by:
Well yeah it could well be someone who has bought an insurance write off not the guy who wrote it off,

But Imo thats whats gone one here,

Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 06:20 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Are flood damaged cars always written off due to the fact there is raw sewage in that water

And what kind of person would leave any car there for so long let alone one worth 60k

-Errr... Not really... More because of the economical repair factor. To replace everything, bar the shell, would be faaaaar to expensive for the insurers to do, whilst it remaining financially viable.

And if your car was stuck in 2.5-3ft of water, you wouldn't really have much choice would you.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
"arch deep" and on a hill, easy get that out with a rope

[Image: rbr_sah_050214audi_5JPG-6675843.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 06:28 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: "arch deep" and on a hill, easy get that out with a rope

[Image: rbr_sah_050214audi_5JPG-6675843.jpg]

Water does drain away over time y'know Wink

[Image: rbr_sah_040214audi_2-6673622.jpg]

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Why would you be stupid enough to drive it into that water anyway..

Kinda deserved it if you ask me.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Cars are normally a write off if the damage repair is more than 60% of the value of the car. Water damage does a lot of damage and as we all know, most repair centres will rub their hands together at the thought of repairing that car and the insurance paying them nice and easy.

(06-02-2014, 06:33 PM)silverzx Wrote: Why would you be stupid enough to drive it into that water anyway..

Kinda deserved it if you ask me.

Most normal people just don't understand that cars and water don't mix!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It was still only "arch deep"
Thanks given by:
Very odd. If it wasnt stolen then it can only be a case of more money than sense. Its extreme what has gone and any normal person would go to the nearest house and ask for a tow!
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 06:39 PM)SRowell Wrote: Very odd. If it wasnt stolen then it can only be a case of more money than sense. Its extreme what has gone and any normal person would go to the nearest house and ask for a tow!

This ^ If not you would arrange to have it recovered ASAP, not leave it in the middle of a road for 2 weeks ! moron!

Thanks given by:
The nearest house was probably watching their Ka/106 float away at the time tbh.... lol

But anyone that can afford an RS5 can probably afford to pay a local recovery truck!!
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 06:44 PM)puglove Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 06:39 PM)SRowell Wrote: Very odd. If it wasnt stolen then it can only be a case of more money than sense. Its extreme what has gone and any normal person would go to the nearest house and ask for a tow!

This ^ If not you would arrange to have it recovered ASAP, not leave it in the middle of a road for 2 weeks ! moron!

It does seem daft yes. But without the full story, you ca only make uneducated assumptions as to why it was left there.

-The owner could have left to go and ring for recovery and had a stroke, leaving him in hospital for the two weeks
-It could be stolen
-It could have been left there as they were with their mistress and didn't want their wife knowing

Outlandish, yes. But without a full story at hand, its hard to say why it was there....

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
All i know is if that were my car i would swim in, hitch up a rope and get it the f*ck out of there.

But then i wouldnt be dumb enough to drive into a big ass puddle.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 01:38 PM)Tom Wrote: All i know is if that were my car i would swim in, hitch up a rope and get it the f*ck out of there.

But then i wouldnt be dumb enough to drive into a big ass puddle.

Fair point

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
What will most likely of happened with that audi is they will have a damaged chassis with a not stolen/scraped registration/vin from somewhere then re build it with the stolen parts to have a sell able car.

Happens alot with super bikes with an entire bike of stolen parts being built up onto a new frame.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with an Audi A3 vreg '8L' clocks Paul_13 12 2,155 27-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Paul_13
  floods procta 36 6,142 31-12-2015, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Seb_Ryan
  gotta love audi drivers pugdan95 12 2,735 10-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Pebbles167