Couple of Gremlins!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of Gremlins!
Right, to kick things off I've had a couple of occasions where the speedo will dart round to 110mph with the trip counter fully lit-up (as in all 000's) then back off again. Normally I'd say battery past its' best? Although I seem to remember it being all of the gauges before. No battery warning light or any other symptoms.

Next issue is dashboard illumination; ocassionally whilst driving along they will go out...then come back on again. Fiddling with the dimmer switch brings them back on. I reckon it could be the dimmer switch itself? Or at least the wiring to it?

Finally, one which has been p*ssing me off a while now, the coolant level warning light. The coolant level is fine, so the sensor is playing up. Should I get a new one or is it easy to remove and clean up? Do you lose coolant when servicing the sensor?

And now my aux belt is squealing like a pig. I only replaced it 9 months ago!!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Did you do the aux belt tensioners as well or just the belt?

Only did the belt on mine and it started squealing not long after
Thanks given by:
Coolant level is easy to replace. Fairly sure it just twist and pulls out!
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2014, 11:10 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Did you do the aux belt tensioners as well or just the belt?

Only did the belt on mine and it started squealing not long after

Just the belt mate, tensioner costs more so was left! You reckon that could be the culprit? Easy job? Is this where people replace with a 307 version? If so what is the correct part no.?

Ok Rowell I'll have a look later. May just clean it and check the connection, pug want £50 for a new one and I can't find a pattern part?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
It's possible it could be, iirc fooby mentioned it could be that on mine when we were away last year

I've not done anything about mine though just left it so I don't know what people replace them with lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electric gremlins happypug 5 1,786 24-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Last Post: happypug
  How's this for electrical gremlins... samass 17 4,098 30-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: samass
  Oh Noes! Window Gremlins. Help ASAP D@wson 5 1,774 03-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Last Post: D@wson