STOP light flashing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STOP light flashing
Apologies if this has been covered before but my stop light flashes an aweful lot these days. Sometimes its intermittent, other times it stays on. Sometimes I won't see it for a fortnight at a time. What do you guys usually put this down to?

Forgot to add.
1999 dturbo
oil is middle between max & min
Water levels are correct
Rad fans are constantly on when stop light appears
Temp 80-85
Stat opens when it should.
Relays???
Thanks given by:
mmmm could be french electrics. Have you checked everything to make sure there isnt a genuine reason for it being on?
Thanks given by:
Top up the oil and see if it goes out?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
any other lights flashing on with the stop light, any pattern that it comes on with such as hard cornering or heavy braking
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2014, 09:08 PM)306Dan Wrote: any other lights flashing on with the stop light, any pattern that it comes on with such as hard cornering or heavy braking

Tried heavy breaking and light breaking. Tried cornering at diff speeds to see if was an oil level sensor that tripped it. But its just genuinely so intermittent. Lol. No other lights aside from the standard airbag light
Thanks given by:
Clogged racoon filter?
Thanks given by:
This happened to me once but very intermittently...then the idle went really bad so cleaned the ICV and it cured it all.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
He'll struggle to clean the ICV on a DTurbo...

It'll probably be on for something to do with fans/temp. That's all I've ever seen the stop light come on for lol.

Is it a HDi or XUD? If its a HDi there are two coolant sensors, one for the dash and another for the ECU/fans...I reckon that 2nd one could be broken.
Thanks given by:
Mine done it every so often, its it just telling me that the oil needs topped up
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2014, 05:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: He'll struggle to clean the ICV on a DTurbo...
The 'added' parts weren't there when I wrote that.

Nevermind then!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fan always on + STOP light on dashboard arooscroocked 20 4,600 03-02-2018, 01:50 AM
Last Post: arooscroocked
  Flashing headlights Cornishnutter 3 1,494 12-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Airbag Light Flashing RetroPug 17 3,690 15-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Last Post: RetroPug