Central Locking ph3 wont lock.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Locking ph3 wont lock.
Guys,

Having a bit of an issue with a HDI..

Got the classic lock / unlocks itself again issue going on, intimitant...Am i right in thinking this will be a door loom, or do other issues also cause this on these?

Its had a new drivers door loom before, and looks to be a really good job done, so I dont think that is at fault, but of course could be the passenger side.

My question i guess is, is there any way wiht pp2000 or another way to determine what is causing the ecu to unlock again so i have something to work on?

Had this issue on my car once but was just a broken wire / easy fix..
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
door loom or door closed switch which is in the lock catch in the door
think planet can tell you which door is open though Wink
Thanks given by:
A lazy/tired motor can also cause this - just replaced one on my own HDi for this reason.

It was obvious enough as one of the lock pins dropped slower than the others making an awful noise as it did so, and I'm assuming at times was so slow that the system unlocked again. With a good used motor swapped in it's been perfect.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Sorry to thread hijack is there a way to temporary lock the system like on the older phases with the control unit behind the rear seats, mines done the exact same thing tonight, have to take everything out of the car and leave it unlocked as i have no other option.
Thanks given by:
Take the central locking fuse out lock push every pin down manually and lock the drivers door with the key
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
don't forget that if you do that, you need to fit the fuse back in when you want to start it again Wink
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2014, 12:17 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: Take the central locking fuse out lock push every pin down manually and lock the drivers door with the key

You don't have to do that. If you turn the key in the door to lock it and hold it in that position, it will ignore the closed switch and lock that door. Go and do the same for the other door and job done.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,002 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,194 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,534 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306