fuel gauage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fuel gauage
does anyone seem to have problems with thier fuel gauge? mine just randomly drops so quick, then pull over for a bit with car still running and it slowly goes back up? think it possibly could be the electric fuel pump??
Thanks given by:
>> arite m8... yea they are notorious for being unreliable... its basically like a cork on a bit of string dangling in ur fuel...
when u are stationary and level it looks like you have got qtr of a tank ... drive round a corner or up a hill and it goes to nothing or beyond... my rule in the 6 is anything below qtr and im asking for trouble .. as i have run out of juice on the qtr mark.... saying that tho the hdi is far more accurate and ive never run it really really low but ive never ran out either ...
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 11:14 AM)shaverspeedengineering Wrote: >> arite m8... yea they are notorious for being unreliable... its basically like a cork on a bit of string dangling in ur fuel...
when u are stationary and level it looks like you have got qtr of a tank ... drive round a corner or up a hill and it goes to nothing or beyond... my rule in the 6 is anything below qtr and im asking for trouble .. as i have run out of juice on the qtr mark.... saying that tho the hdi is far more accurate and ive never run it really really low but ive never ran out either ...
yeah man you? damn! yeah i know how the level sensor works, im a mechanic =D but was just wondering if there was a common fault and fix, thats all, thanks anyway, and shit really!? i only have a 1.4, but as soon as i hit the red i top up, and oh right
Thanks given by:
Not a fault and fix, as said just not very accurate.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If your running out at quater of a tank it is actually broken, somewhere. Thats not right.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
The problem is sometimes the tight ass that's previously owned the car lol. If they're just filling up a tenner at a time, the contact at the bottom of the gauge wears out over the years and loses accuracy just at the bottom. Though that said, I wouldn't trust any fuel gauge haha!
Thanks given by: