Ph2 Headlight removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph2 Headlight removal
Hey all,
I thought I'd rack everyone's brains again,
How do I remove the headlight on a phase 2?
The issue being the passenger side headlight aim mechanism I believe has detached itself from the reflector inside the assembly and before I run at it with a socket set, screwdriver and a hammer I thought is ask if there's any tricks techniques or methods to get it out without giving it any more reasons to fail its first MOT in over a year...

Hope you guys can help!

Cheers
Thanks given by:
You should find there are 3 mounting points on the headlights....one on top, bolting to the slam panel, one behind the grill, and one underneath the indicator (you'll need to have the hockey sticks off to get to this one).

Hope that helps you? Wink

EDIT: Heres a pic to help you find the mounts:

[attachment=12968]
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
After reading your project page I thought you'd reply first! :-) brilliant buddy! Now one more question how do I get the hockey sticks off?
Thanks given by:
Probably easiest to remove the poppers on the top of the grille with two flatheaded screwdrivers. The middle bits pull up and out of them.
If you try to remove them without taking off the grille if you don't know what any of the clips behind them look like you'll likely break them and removing the grille takes 2 minutes.
The grille poppers slide out like the ones in this picture have:
[Image: mqad9eFWMqduRFCdcRbW4mw.jpg]
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
You don't need to remove the headlight to refit the leveler motor.
Check to see if it has detached, turn the motor anticlockwise, and it will pullout if it's detached.
If it's still attached when you pull it, it will still be attached to the lenses mirror.

The trick to reattach the ball into the lens mirror is to remove the bulb cover at the rear and push the reflector with your finger so the thing tilts, so you can push the ball of the leveler motor into its slot hole in the reflector
Thanks given by:
Thanks all for the help, loving this forum already!

i used Cully's method and found the problem.
[Image: 1623556_10152235211247193_474949412_n.jpg]

Smile I'm pretty sure thats meant to be attached. Ha
Thanks given by:
Ah yes, that is indeed what we on 306oc like to call....broken. lol

Glad you're finding the forum useful too, get a project thread up if you haven't already, always nice to have new members joining in and becoming part of the furniture. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha, well i'm using some of bostiks classic "Extra Strong Super Glue" which has less integrity than blue tack....

I'll get one up with as many pictures as i've got, i'm rubbish taking photos of progress..
Thanks given by: