Speakers cutting out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speakers cutting out
My speakers cut out occasionally, but only when I brake? i'm suspecting it might be something to do with the earthing of the speakers, any other things it could possibly be?
1.9 diesel Phase 2 - scrapped
1.8 meridian Phase 3 - going strong!
Thanks given by:
Check the condition of the loom behind the head u it as well as the door looms.

Could well be an earth problem though
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Does anything else happen like dash lights diming? Does the head unit loose power or does it stay on while the sound is cutting out?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Nothing else happens, it's just the speakers that cut out
Thanks given by:
Maybe broken wires in the door loom near the plug into the vehicle body where they get tugged around by opening the door. There's a guide to fixing these if this is what the problem is: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-11512.html
However, if it is all speakers including the parcel shelf/rears then maybe the loom behind the head unit as grant said? Check for loose connections?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
It's all the speakers unfortunately, probably what you said about the head unit then! i'll have a look anyway, cheers for your help! good old French electric ay!
Thanks given by: