6 window switch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 window switch
Ok so I have a bit of a strange one. My current 6 window switch is cosmetically damaged and the button for the drivers window doesn't work. The passenger button and electric mirror part all work. I have purchased 3 different window switches now, told they are working but when I fit to my car they don't. Surely I can't be that unlucky to have bought 3 non working switches? Could there be a different issue? Don't want to keep.buying if they are never going to work
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Do they just not work at all now? Might've blown a fuse?

Also is you first one an auto (one touch) switch? I'd guess it would be on a '6?
Thanks given by:
They don't work at all, but my original works when I plug it back in, so wouldn't be a fuse. The drivers window button has never worked so don't know if it's one touch. My original switch, the passenger button and electric mirror button all work

Ok so just found out a phase 3 switch won't work on a phase 2. So now on the hunt for a phase 2 switch to see if it works
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Ah I see.

And yeah, the ph3 ones are usually one touch and the ph2 probably aren't then. I know you can't use a one touch on a car that didn't come with it.

Good luck with the hunt lol.
Thanks given by:
the early stuf has a seperate controller in the door
later stuff the switch itself is the controller
they ar not interchangable, i believe if you do you blow a fuse if i remember correctly
Thanks given by:
Cool thanks fully. I've put the original switch back on and it's working, minus the drivers window button
Heart 306
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electric window switch help Aaron _d95 3 2,986 08-02-2020, 11:47 AM
Last Post: arronnjackson
  Removal of driver's side electric window switch balkan_bozo 10 3,438 04-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Ph1 electric window switch removal PaulOH 6 1,585 27-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31