everything stays on when keys out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
everything stays on when keys out
The remote wire is the blue one...but that's for powering an amp so I guess that isn't what you meant lol.

But what you need to do now is swap the red and (other) yellow wire over so it gets a switched live with the ignition.
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2014, 11:27 AM)Toms306 Wrote: The remote wire is the blue one...but that's for powering an amp so I guess that isn't what you meant lol.

But what you need to do now is swap the red and (other) yellow wire over so it gets a switched live with the ignition.

This. They should of put bullet connectors on the red and yellow wires so you can swap them. What make of stereo did the loom come with out of interest?

Cut the yellow and red and swap them around with bullet connectors so you have red leading to yellow and yellow leading to red (the yellow on its own BTW. Not the one you have just cut to stop the back feed)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
will have to get the connectors befor i do it and its a jvc HU
Thanks given by:
I've had 2 or 3 JVC's without that daft extra wire lol. However only one of those came with bullet connectors on the red and yellow, the other two I had to cut and use a connection block for.
Thanks given by:
Yeah could just cut, solder and shrink it or if you want to be a right pikey, use come connector block.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Nothing pikey about connector blocks... I've seen previous owner bodges of just twisting and taping the wires! lol
Thanks given by:
problem all solved thanks guys Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice one, glad its sorted. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2014, 12:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Nothing pikey about connector blocks... I've seen previous owner bodges of just twisting and taping the wires! lol

Itwasntme haha this made me laugh, not that i have ever done anything like that Blush
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Programming keys to different BSI allye 8 2,587 26-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Reprogramming car keys deggerz 2 992 28-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Last Post: deggerz
  keys and central locking azzaboi306 11 3,567 08-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Last Post: rtha6551