immobiliser

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
immobiliser
Hi. Has anyone else had same problem.I`m sure it`s the I/liser that is faulty. I can start the car in morning ok, drive 5 mls or so ,switch off and then will not fire on 1st attempt,have to flick switch again and it fire`s up ok. This is happening all the time now,done my head in. Is there any way of by pass immobiliser, would rather lose that function than no start. Have posted thread in dw10 section by mistake,hope someone can advise. Cheers
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2014, 03:53 PM)happypug Wrote: Hi. Has anyone else had same problem.I`m sure it`s the I/liser that is faulty. I can start the car in morning ok, drive 5 mls or so ,switch off and then will not fire on 1st attempt,have to flick switch again and it fire`s up ok. This is happening all the time now,done my head in. Is there any way of by pass immobiliser, would rather lose that function than no start. Have posted thread in dw10 section by mistake,hope someone can advise. Cheers

Update on above. Today have had chip put in original fob, it seems to of cured all my probs. Was using spare key, must of not recognised key in ignition.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Immobiliser thebluepearl 11 2,306 20-05-2016, 12:05 PM
Last Post: insomaniac45
  Xantia 1.8 16v key/immobiliser Piggy 7 2,079 26-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  immobiliser problems roemer 5 1,798 21-09-2015, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Pug30614