Jammapic Re-Map feedback

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jammapic Re-Map feedback
Hi,

Not posted on here for a while, but I thought I should provide some feedback on a recent Re-Map from jammapic.

With the car having already had a Stage 1 map, I read on here that jammapic was now providing Re-Mapping services, so I thought I would try him for a Stage 2.

This was the best decision yet!

His custom map makes the engine seem a lot quieter, burns VERY cleanly and the power delivery is very smooth all the way through, loads of low down torque and throttle response is excellent.

As for all round service, I can't fault him, he wants you to be happy with your map and will answer any questions you may have.

I can't recommend his maps highly enough Big Grin

Thanks,

Dave.
Thanks given by:
In the same boat here too, highly recommend from me!

Will have a print out soon to back up the mapping
Thanks given by:
Interesting. Is it mapped on a rolling road?
Thanks given by:
For my part, no it was a file service.

Couple of revisions of the maps based on the cars clutch and what it could handle, which was great as mine was worse off than most cars with a stage 1 map (stage 2 here).
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2014, 07:48 PM)SRowell Wrote: Interesting. Is it mapped on a rolling road?
Same for me Sam, not on a rolling road, but he read the stage 1 map already on it (which I do have a printout for) and without me saying, told me what he thought it was producing and was pretty much spot on.
Thanks given by:
Don't have a rolling road here Sam, but I have developed my base maps on a rolling road (it helps when you have mates with them!!).

I then do a couple of revisions of the maps to really tailor it specifically to that car (as every one is different!!) and make sure everything is spot on.

Thanks for the feedback guys - glad to know you are all happy - I LOVE doing it, the real payoff for me is when people say "fook me" afterwards! :-) Dave, case in point with you... broken MAF and you said it went like the clappers, then when you put a new MAF on it, text from you saying "feels like another 30hp!!!".

Cheers lads, glad I could help.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Quote:Dave, case in point with you... broken MAF and you said it went like the clappers, then when you put a new MAF on it, text from you saying "feels like another 30hp!!!".

Cheers lads, glad I could help.

JP

Yeah you're right JP, the MAF was goosed, which you diagnosed, and going home with it unplugged, was really spot on, but when I replaced it, just got even better, feels like a new car now!
Thanks given by:
Learn to map mems3 ;D
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I'm sure I could. Just need to read the ecu, will probs be an EPROM out.
JP
Thanks given by:
Quick hunt online suggests the galletto/kwp2000 might be suitable and allow reading/writing, although finding info seems right tricky since the rover owners seem to fear the idea of doing it themselves

Also another +1 to Jammapics mapping, experienced his hdi before it got sold and it really put a smile on my face like my old hdi never did
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Buy one and see if we can....
JP
Thanks given by:
Just a quick note for everyone, when i wrote the new file to my ecu, i had a choice of which tool to get, i first oped for the kwp2000+, what a mistake that was!!! Very unstable software, would not recommend, then i did more research and decided to buy the MPPS, best tool out there also the only tool that offers restore mode in the software which should prevent bricking the ecu and it come with a checksum checker feature built in before you write the new map to the ecu. Best bit about the MPPS it works well with Windows 7 and it was £12.99 from eBay.
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2014, 09:44 PM)mattgreene Wrote: Just a quick note for everyone, when i wrote the new file to my ecu, i had a choice of which tool to get, i first oped for the kwp2000+, what a mistake that was!!! Very unstable software, would not recommend, then i did more research and decided to buy the MPPS, best tool out there also the only tool that offers restore mode in the software which should prevent bricking the ecu and it come with a checksum checker feature built in before you write the new map to the ecu. Best bit about the MPPS it works well with Windows 7 and it was £12.99 from eBay.

Is this the cable that you used http://bit.ly/1cWWDwB sounds promising might have to get one.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
no mate it was this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MPPS-V13-02-VO...2c79be895a

this one is a different listing from the one i bought but it is a uk one, if you look through ebay you can see the cheep knock off copy cables by the state of the sticker on the obd connector!! if you look through u'll will see what i mean!!

Works a bloody treat on windows vista and 7 unlike the kwp and galletto.
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2014, 09:44 PM)mattgreene Wrote: Just a quick note for everyone, when i wrote the new file to my ecu, i had a choice of which tool to get, i first oped for the kwp2000+, what a mistake that was!!! Very unstable software, would not recommend, then i did more research and decided to buy the MPPS, best tool out there also the only tool that offers restore mode in the software which should prevent bricking the ecu and it come with a checksum checker feature built in before you write the new map to the ecu. Best bit about the MPPS it works well with Windows 7 and it was £12.99 from eBay.

So has anybody else tried one of these?
Thanks given by:
Can you map gtis yet? :p
Thanks given by:
Yes you can, most people who have had a remap after cams (depending on which type of cam obviously) normally come back with around 190-195bhp, thats on the standard ECU.

Generally when people have fitted bodies they normally go for aftermarket management like Omex etc
Thanks given by:
Totally agree with the above, MPPS is the only way to go. I wouldn't use anything else.

As for GTi's, yes and no. But watch this space!

Best bet is to go to Wayne @ Chip Wizards for those, he knows the marelli ecu's like the back of his hand!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jammapic hunt (stage 3) dr_jekyll 6 1,524 14-12-2015, 10:53 PM
Last Post: dr_jekyll
  pulley and air con removal feedback pug306driver 11 3,083 08-12-2014, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
Thumbs Up Fantastic JamMAPic - 306 HDi Re-map Praise nollafnhoj 2 1,221 10-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Last Post: HDi Dave