Retro Rides South Yorkshire - PERMANENTLY CANCELLED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retro Rides South Yorkshire - PERMANENTLY CANCELLED
Pics up in the Meet pics section, don't expect any 306 pics though this is a northern 306oc meet so only 1 turned up (Kyle & Mel in the estate) and I never got a pic lol
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
The EA Retrorides meet was this evening, only one 306 there as well lol...unfortunately it was mine. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2014, 08:07 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Any more takers?

Hi I was wondering if there's a meet this Monday 1st.
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2014, 05:57 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote:

Seems to be on from the sounds of it mate, not 100% sure though.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2014, 06:41 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(28-08-2014, 05:57 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote:

Seems to be on from the sounds of it mate, not 100% sure though.

Thanks I'm thinking of having a ride over.( It's only 45 mins from home so if not on it's a nice drive any way)
Thanks given by:
Who's coming to this then?
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2014, 09:31 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Who's coming to this then?

All been good I'm coming for a look round.
Thanks given by:
1. THE_Liam
2. Adam-m-h
Thanks given by:
Right, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news lads but this meet is now permanently cancelled. The details are on the RR thread, essentially because the dickheads would not listen and drive like adults just around the pub, we have all been instructed not to return by the pub management and south Yorkshire police. Annoying considering they are a tiny minority, and none of our lot behave like that.

Is anyone interested in a regualr meet like this just for our forum?
Thanks given by:
I only go to meet the lads once a month really too many fiestas and corsas turn up to be a retro meet
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2014, 12:56 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Right, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news lads but this meet is now permanently cancelled. The details are on the RR thread, essentially because the dickheads would not listen and drive like adults just around the pub, we have all been instructed not to return by the pub management and south Yorkshire police. Annoying considering they are a tiny minority, and none of our lot behave like that.

Is anyone interested in a regualr meet like this just for our forum?

I'm interested if it's on in between mon-Thurs as I work permanent weekends fri-sun.

Just a suggestion http://www.thewaterloohotel.robinsonsbrewery.com
They have some car/bike meets every so often from road rallies to scooters.
Thanks given by:
DO NOT attend Meadow Farm on the next meet date, YOU WILL be turned away by the pub management.
Unfortunately, due to recent events at the venue, the Landlord of Meadow Farm has requested that we no longer meet there.
THIS MEET HAS SHUT DOWN
The cause of this is a minority of people that have been misbehaving, not respecting the 'be grown ups' general rule of the meet and not respecting the venue. Their antics have drawn unwanted police attention and damaged the pub's trade where before them we were actually boosting the pub's trade.
It is incredibly disappointing not only that a small percentage of attendees should spoil it for the majority but that also the majority did not stand up to them to prevent a repeat of the previous venue's disaster. This reflects not only on the people attending, but on Retro Rides, the clubs attending and owners of modified cars as a whole.
This is not the fault of the pub management, this is the fault of a small group of people literally spoiling it for the rest of us. Had this group behaved the pub would have allowed us to stay indefinitely, as it is we've lost a superb venue and an excellent meet.
Well done everyone.
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Makes sense, just a shame it's another case of car enthusiasts getting a bad name
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Not really surprising, theres always a small bunch of lady gardens to ruin it for everyone else. Same thing that killed off the local modified meets.
Thanks given by:
Adam-m-h has started a thread about us lot having our own regular meet if you guys are up for it?
Thanks given by:
Yea depending on location/frequency of course. South yorkshire has become a bit more a drive compared to bradford days . Still need to give you back your hoody

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Booo Sad One of the few meets I still bothered with.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Used to go to the meadow hall meets but never got chance to come to this one, it's a shame people have to ruin it Sad
Thanks given by:
Afew did come some fiestas and that red one on the silly wheels and air
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Come to the new one at Scammonden!
Thanks given by:
Bit of a treck like this one was only up road lol
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
just goto lowdown meet where retro rides used to be? went last time and it was busy, mosty full of old/new vag cars on air and stuff though.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 11:10 PM)padge Wrote: just goto lowdown meet where retro rides used to be? went last time and it was busy, mosty full of old/new vag cars on air and stuff though.
Nah that's full of wankers and modern boring shite.
Thanks given by:
when I last went, was old jettas, mk1/2/3 golfs, old polos etc
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This meets always had trouble got moved a couple of times shame really as the times I went it was a good turn out!

Waterloo pub would be a good shout for a meet not only because its a few mins from my house whistle
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2014, 08:45 PM)eskimogod Wrote: This meets always had trouble got moved a couple of times shame really as the times I went it was a good turn out!

Waterloo pub would be a good shout for a meet not only because its a few mins from my house whistle

Where abouts are you located I'm in taddington but we trying for scammonden water on 6th October
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2014, 12:17 AM)Adam-m-h Wrote: Where abouts are you located I'm in taddington but we trying for scammonden water on 6th October

I'm birchover bud so not quite as close you! Just been reading the scammonden thread I'm game! Might try make sure I've picked up a 306 first..
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2014, 11:24 AM)eskimogod Wrote:
(21-09-2014, 12:17 AM)Adam-m-h Wrote: Where abouts are you located I'm in taddington but we trying for scammonden water on 6th October

I'm birchover bud so not quite as close you! Just been reading the scammonden thread I'm game! Might try make sure I've picked up a 306 first..

That's good news
I don't mind if you don't come in a 306
Thanks given by:
I'll be there in a rover so you'll be fine Wink

Thanks given by:
Mercedes here lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  retro rides gathering. hill climb....... impotentials 14 5,074 22-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Show: Retro Rides Gathering - Shelsley Walsh - 23rd Aug 15 Dum-Dum 15 4,465 28-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
Thumbs Up April Camping Meet - CANCELLED THE_Liam 33 6,981 17-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam