Front headlamps problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front headlamps problem
Rainbow 
My front headlamp on the driver side wasn't working properly so I cleaned the connections up and it worked ok after that.

But then today the full beam sticks on the passenger side and the driver side only goes on side light.

So not sure if its a fuse or some thing.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you've got a short or a dodgy earth somewhere. When i have headlight issues i give the light a good kick that seems to solve it.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2013, 12:20 AM)Tom Wrote: Sounds like you've got a short or a dodgy earth somewhere. When i have headlight issues i give the light a good kick that seems to solve it.

I will have a look at the wiring to see what's going on.
Thanks given by:
Has to be an earth, always is with random issues. There are several on the pass inner wing but iirc the headlights get their own behind the units.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2013, 09:10 AM)C2K Wrote: Has to be an earth, always is with random issues. There are several on the pass inner wing but iirc the headlights get their own behind the units.

It must be a earth or wiring around the headlamps.
Thanks given by:
I had a look at the 3 connections on the h4 bulb. The connector on the brown wire the metal part was dirty. So I cleaned the hole connector up and the other side to.

The full beam goes on and of now like normal. But need to change the bulb as it must of blown the bulb I will swap the bulb around to see.
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2013, 12:49 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote: I had a look at the 3 connections on the h4 bulb. The connector on the brown wire the metal part was dirty. So I cleaned the hole connector up and the other side to.

The full beam goes on and of now like normal. But need to change the bulb as it must of blown the bulb I will swap the bulb around to see.

I changed the bulb now everything works fine thankfully. So the dirty contact made all those problems it just shows.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question HELP PLEASE, front wiper problem losing my mind Mattcheese31 53 15,819 01-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
Rainbow Relay morette headlamps Welshy_Pete 2 1,096 22-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane