RetroPug's Ph.1 Diablo Gti-6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RetroPug's Ph.1 Diablo Gti-6
Much prefer with a badge to be honest...

You'll probably find the paint wouldn't match regardless of primer... Halford's paint is hit or miss. Mostly miss. Worth a try at getting more though!
Thanks given by:
Hmm, had very good matches with their diablo red paint before.
Needs some very slight adjustment with a bit of extra filler as well as the curvature on the top is ever so slightly out.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Won an alpine amp on ebay which is one the way, slowly gathering inexpensive bits to make an audio install.

Thanks to JanneL, I recieved some genuine ph.1 heated seat switches which go where the rear window switches go at the back of the centre console.

[Image: 2q8uc7b.jpg]

This will begin commuting tomorrow.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Like the fog covers, and the colour of the car. If I got another it would match your spec
Thanks given by:
Interesting to see how you get on with the heated seats...wiring is there!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-08-2014, 07:05 PM)impotentials Wrote: Like the fog covers, and the colour of the car. If I got another it would match your spec

Thanks! Car is currently badged again. Got replacement paints and the filler has sunk just a little bit so will perfect the debadged grille when I'm next bored. Big Grin

(31-08-2014, 07:11 PM)Piggy Wrote: Interesting to see how you get on with the heated seats...wiring is there!

Yeah there should be some sort of plug under the seat, and plugs for the switches as well I think? That would hopefully just mean wiring the elements to the plug under the seat, plugging in the switches and done! I plan on asking lots of noob questions though as electronics has never been my strong suit!

It has been done before by others on here but not with OEM switches as far as I can tell.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
The plugs I have always found to be just gathering hair and grime under the handbrake surround/shroud.

Not so sure in the underseat wiring though
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'll have to have a look at some point. Smile

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
My new toy arrived in the post:
[Image: iqgd1u.jpg]

Also, the car is currently badged as the debadged grille needs a small amount plus halfords gave me new paint which should hopefully match better.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Looks good Smile.
Thanks given by:
What sort of audio setup you aiming for dude?

I'm struggling to think of a way to keep an oem head unit with a decent sound.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2014, 09:19 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: What sort of audio setup you aiming for dude?

Could use something like bit one By audison I'm guessing. Or just remembered a cleansweep does the same.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2014, 09:19 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: What sort of audio setup you aiming for dude?

I already have an alpine HU which I bought 2nd hand on ebay which is absolutely fantastic, and gave a noticable improvement in quality over whatever sony thing was in there, and sounds better than my std. one did too.

I've just got an alpine amp, and am thinking of going for new alpine components and trying to A) fit the tweeters behind OEM tweeters covers and B) cut OEM tweeter covers slightly so that they fit the Ph.1, and then probably a small sub in a removable enclosure in the boot, probably look for a 2nd hand one, probably alpine.

Full alpine. Big Grin

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Rechromed the headlight inserts.

Before:

[Image: 2elgtv9.jpg]

[Image: fxw0lu.jpg]

During, all the colouring on it is long-gone:

[Image: 2w2ppw3.jpg]

After (headlamps are in shadow so can't see reflectiveness but it is definitely much better):

[Image: w9yxvt.jpg]

[Image: 241464z.jpg]

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Wow that is an improvement!

Love the jobs like that haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Glad the switches arrived safely :-)

How did you do the headlights? Never heard of anybody doing a rechrome.
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
Thanks. Smile

I used reflective tape. You can buy chrome spray paint but I think that's what wore off them in the first place.
I will probably eventually re-do them as if you look closely you can see a few creases as it is very thin tape. I suggest using proper aluminium tape, that should be easy to apply without creasing and will be just as reflective.

Best part of it is that it took no time at all!

I'll have to start looking at how I'm going to wire up some heated seating before it starts getting colder, I'm out the door at 6:30am so a warm bum would be nice. Big Grin

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Nice improvement Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks. Smile

I bought a Scorpion backbox from a nice man called Tony on saturday morning as my standard one is getting a bit rusty so I've quarantined that somewhere dry for now until I decide what to do with it:

[Image: 15z17hh.jpg]

Did a bit of polishing to it, and fitting it gave me the chance to take the heatshield off and swap it for the one I tidied up a fair while ago:

[Image: 10zcqxw.jpg]

This has made a nice difference, but there's still lots under there that I would like to tidy up someday. It is currently being driven daily though.

[Image: 21myqkx.jpg]

[Image: o76c20.jpg]

[Image: 358doax.jpg]

It doesn't sit at quite the right angle because the exhaust hangars I had to hand were a bit awkward, this will be rectified though:

[Image: 29mloc1.jpg]

Another thing that is annoying me is that the GTi badge is pretty faded, so I hope to sort that soon too. I also made a hesitation from cold a bit better by changing the TPS for a spare.
I also tried to change the CTS for a nearly new one I had from Germany which snapped in half when it was only being finger-tightened! Either it was crap or I'm the Hulk! Luckily it was still sealing. I managed to superglue the sensor together and then gently wind it back out and put the old one back in for now, narrowly avoiding not having a car to go to work! It hesitates a lot less but now only just slightly when cold so I think I'll pick up a new CTS as well.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Looking really tidy :-)
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
Cheers man. Smile

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Is that a suoersprint magnum back box Btw? If so, how do you find the sound level? Mine was difficult to live with even before I removed my interior!
Thanks given by:
No, it is a scorpion one, I believe it is specifically an imola but I haven't really gone to the trouble of verifying this.
The noise is very tolerable, it is a bit noisy at idle on very cold mornings, but once it is warmed up or during the day time it is a deep, not too loud burble. It is pretty loud under load and half-wide open throttle, but at low throttle it is quiet and if you have very little throttle you literally cannot hear it.
I do have some boot sound deadening which does dampen it a bit.

I am looking into getting a centre-section at the moment.

I did have an early mongoose which sounded absolutely great but was quite loud.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I was impressed with the scorpion exhaust I sold to Matt-Rallye, totally different animal to the magnex it replaced.

Id happily have one myself if I wasn't sorted already Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
loving this thread always love a phase 1 and loving your ocd outlook to restoring it so basically lot of love for this little pug lol
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2014, 09:12 PM)eskimogod Wrote: loving this thread always love a phase 1 and loving your ocd outlook to restoring it so basically lot of love for this little pug lol

Thanks mate. Big Grin

If you can make it, there's a midlands meet in Stratford on the 5th of October, it'd be nice to have you!

(25-09-2014, 08:14 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: I was impressed with the scorpion exhaust I sold to Matt-Rallye, totally different animal to the magnex it replaced.

Id happily have one myself if I wasn't sorted already Smile
I've got ninja plans in the works for this exhaust that I think you'd appreciate.... Big Grin

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Fitted some Team Heko wind deflectors which as far as I can tell make absolutely zero difference. They look cool though.

Met some other pugs:

[Image: 2i8vmlw.jpg]

[Image: 29ftf2e.jpg]

[Image: 2qx3n10.jpg]

[Image: 28vsjyr.jpg]

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Haha moon buggy spec height lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Really liking the attention and general standard of work going on here. I'll be following your heated seats install with interest as it's something I've been looking to do, especially as it's starting to get cold in the mornings!
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2014, 07:50 PM)Piggy Wrote: Haha moon buggy spec height lol

If by moon buggy you mean standard and sensible then I totally agree. Smile

(08-10-2014, 06:58 AM)mattsrallye Wrote: Really liking the attention and general standard of work going on here. I'll be following your heated seats install with interest as it's something I've been looking to do, especially as it's starting to get cold in the mornings!
Thanks.
You might be waiting a while for that as I'm generally a bit busy these days, but it's on the big, long list. Big Grin

Project Thread
Thanks given by: