RetroPug's Ph.1 Diablo Gti-6
Thumbs Down 
Looking good fella!
Ph1 FTW!
Never any for sale when I have the cash though Sad
Thanks given by:
Thanks!
I've had two Diablo Ph.1s now!

Not a lot done to this lately, but it now has clear indicators again and a siliconed up aerial.
I also finished my homemade semi-enclosed airbox for my induction kit and fitted it.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Not much done lately really, just little bits of maintenance, cleaning up earths etc. however I have managed to snap the stud off my aerial base Blush

Fitted brighter LED sidelights and moved the other LEDs to the numberplate lights, fixed the airbag light coming on and tried to fix the rev counter but failed.

Took a couple of pictures anyway.

[Image: 2m61vlc.jpg]

Needs non-rusty numberplate screws and the tow hook painting up...
[Image: vnza4k.jpg]

[Image: 2ezqzrr.jpg]

Also, I'm going to de-rust and paint up a spare heatshield, spare wheel cage and some other assorted bits. Forgot to grab the hanger for the cage though. Doh
[Image: 28c3hgw.jpg]
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
It's so pwetty :-D
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
This thing is mint, or near as damn it, fair play! Reckon you'll go full-on concours with it?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
As i said in a previous thread, this car is a credit to its owner and his attention too detail Smile was a pleasure to look around it at the Bicester meet
Thanks given by:
Looks stunning

like the cibie don't see many on 306's Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Well I graduate in May and will hopefully have a fair while to do stuff to this to make it nicer, would like to continue to tidy it up, derust bits underneath and continue to tidy up the engine bay, sort the little bits of lacquer peel, give someone off here beer/tea/bacon/all three to correct the swirls with a MOP and maybe refresh the suspension a bit too although it feels fairly tight already. Also going to sound deaden it a bit soon as the std. sound deadening is gash and do something about the faded bump strips. I did spend most of the Christmas period getting it how it is now, was a bit tatty when I got it in November, so just continue doing what I've been doing really! Might ditch my home made carbon airbox though lmao

The std. fog lamps are actually Cibie Airports, which were sold as foglights by Cibie without the pug plug on the wiring I believe. I've got std. fogs just found the covers on ebay. Were Jaguar parts new in the bag as a few cars way back when had these lights. 12 quid new in the bag!

As for concours...I still use the car as a run-around and I don't want it to be a stranger to country road blasts, the odd hill run at pugfest, the ring etc.!
What's the point in having a hot hatch and never hooning it? Smile

Thanks for the comments!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Well, got in this today, and the tape I put over my broken off aerial base hole didn't keep the rain out so I got water dumped in my lap, the airbag light came back on, the TPS issue got way worse and the car didn't really want to play ball in traffic at all so kangarooed my way through Oxford in rush hour and then my gf spilled bran flakes or whatever she eats all over the place.

So other than the cereal, a fairly standard day of 306 ownership. lmao

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Looking smart!

Love the fog light covers!

(25-02-2014, 11:11 AM)RetroPug Wrote: What's the point in having a hot hatch and never hooning it? Smile

Amen to that!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Happy 17th birthday pug!
[Image: 295bate.jpg]

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
This is mint!!

Where did you get the dehumidifiers?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Looks smart pal...
Oxford eh, where are you at then?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 06:57 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: This is mint!!

Where did you get the dehumidifiers?

Bought them in a random shop near my parents' house when I was up for a visit.
They do work alright however the car's had so many leaks they've not been able to keep up...they'll only keep moisture levels low they won't actually dry up proper water everywhere lmao

I'm sure there are loads of similar ones on the internet I'll have a look a bit later or could possibly even buy a couple more and post if there really are none.

(04-03-2014, 07:38 AM)Piggy Wrote: Looks smart pal...
Oxford eh, where are you at then?
Headington, you bought some tyres off me and parked right where this picture was taken behind this car Smile
Was maybe a month and a bit ago? It was night time though to be fair.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Ahhhh yeah yeah yeah!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Smart car Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Thanks Smile

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
You're welcome
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
I don't have these exact ones, was going to buy them but saw another brand in a shop and bought them on the day for convinience, however these come with good reviews:
Small One
Larger one

Like I said, they keep moisture levels down, but if your car is leaking then it'll still be damp inside and you'll still get very misty windows, obviously.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Yesterday I added some sound-proofing to the boot floor:
[Image: 2d8m70z.jpg]
[Image: 2mebp0x.jpg]
[Image: 2l89p4x.jpg]

I then trial-fitted my BMC and decided that it if it went in place of the standard airbox it was too low to join the snorkel, would have worked with a feed through the foglight but I wasn't really sure I wanted to do that.

I went back to running an exposed cone, however my friend and I made a shroud for it out of sheet-alloy that shields it from underneath and the side, and traps air from the snorkel around it, so it shouldn't suck up water and it does have a feed of cold air.
[Image: 20ff12e.jpg]

The view from above looking down next to the snorkel:
[Image: rvv7t2.jpg]

The view from the side:
[Image: wce4br.jpg]

View from behind:
[Image: 29nt9mv.jpg]

After the pictures were taken I added a couple of foam pads to edges that could have rattled on things or which were anywhere near wires.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Nothing much happening with this as I'm still very busy, but not for too much longer.
De-rusted and painted a couple of little bits but that's it. Heatshield will be done in summer I think, but for reference that's how rusty this all was before treating it.
More updates soon...

before
[Image: 28c3hgw.jpg]

after
[Image: 2nu3go9.jpg]

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
A nice man in sunglasses turned up with some post this morning... BlushBlush

[Image: 20poe8z.jpg]

[Image: 2exu9a0.jpg]

[Image: 5yhqx1.jpg]

[Image: j5lgdw.jpg]

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Hmmm very nice

mongoose? 4inch exit?
Thanks given by:
Yeh thats got to be a 4 inch!
Thanks given by:
It is a Mongoose yes Smile
I just measured the tailpipe as being about 3.25", the system is 2.5" bore.

It is a rather large tailpipe... lmao
I hope it sounds as good as they're supposed to.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 05:54 PM)SRowell Wrote: Yeh thats got to be a 4 inch!

That's what she said lol
Thanks given by:
lmao

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
The 2.5 bore I have atm is alot more bommy that the scorpion I had before.3k is a bit painful sometimes but it does pull well with it on Smile

Guess it's a massive case of personal preference with exhausts
Thanks given by:
Derp. Typo, it is a 2.25" bore with a huge tailpipe.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2014, 01:15 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Derp. Typo, it is a 2.25" bore with a huge tailpipe.

Nice. 2.25 will be nice and raspy Big Grin
Thanks given by: