which uprated engine mount ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which uprated engine mount ??
well I tried to up-rated my own lower engine mount by filling it with polyurethane resin but despite looking good failed pretty quickly so I'm going to have to buy a proper one, but which of the widely available ones to choose?
Powrflex £30 -£35 dependent on type yellow, purple or black (race)? Spoox gpN £27.50? Vibra techic £30?
I guess all the above would do the job but as anyone any experiences or recommendations ?
Thanks given by:
I got a bbm one and the car vibrates a bit. You havent said if your petrol or diesel?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2013, 03:46 PM)Tom Wrote: I got a bbm one and the car vibrates a bit. You havent said if your petrol or diesel?

car is a Xsara VTS so XU petrol, not to worried about access NVH, and I'm pretty sure there's not much to choose between then but if I'm going to buy I'd like to buy the rigt one so I'm not having to do the job again anytime soon.
Thanks given by:
Spoox just re-brand Vibra Tech which I use solely now and have stood up to the car's I run in various trims better than anything else I have used
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Vibratechnics ftw!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2013, 08:13 PM)miles Wrote: Spoox just re-brand Vibra Tech which I use solely now and have stood up to the car's I run in various trims better than anything else I have used

cheers for that I'd been thinking HD rubber would probably be preferable to a poly bush but it's nice to hear a recommendation, BTW if Spoox are re branding VT bushes (and I'm sure they are as they look identical) I don't know how they are managing to sell them cheaper the VT, I know it's only £2.50 difference but it's usually the re brander that charges a premium, so it looks like I'll getting a Spoox Gr N bush at £27.50 delivered it sound good value.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  drivers side engine mount problem 1.9 dturbo xluhxzy 3 2,000 10-04-2019, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Aluminium lower engine/gearbox mount bilboaustin 13 3,729 05-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Lower engine mount 'fork' Ben 2 1,177 26-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Last Post: puglove