Blower position/blower motor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blower position/blower motor
Having problems with the blower positioning on the hdi.

Its always on the heater vents (dash) and wont move to the window or the floor. Becoming a real problem with a few people in the car and the colder weather setting in.

Any tips? My idea lies with the heater control panel as the cars blower motor sometimes works at full speed, sometimes only at low speed (even when the switch is put to full)

Any tips cheers
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2013, 12:41 AM)mcglynn Wrote: Having problems with the blower positioning on the hdi.

Its always on the heater vents (dash) and wont move to the window or the floor. Becoming a real problem with a few people in the car and the colder weather setting in.

Any tips? My idea lies with the heater control panel as the cars blower motor sometimes works at full speed, sometimes only at low speed (even when the switch is put to full)

Any tips cheers
Hello. In reply to your problem, had a similar job with a 405, I had to have the controls and facia removed, it turned out to be a broken cable on box of heater. The motor switch was cleaned and sprayed with a contact cleaner. Hope this helps.
Thanks given by:
Whip out the centre console and have a look at the back of the heater control unit. Im guessing the cable that controls where the air is directed has came away or broken
Thanks given by:
try having no heater and no blower!
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Blower motor replaced and working but no air coming from vents? Zubes3 4 1,261 19-09-2020, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Zubes3
  Heater blower issues Dturbo john 5 2,641 13-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Heater Blower Issues MY95 7 3,269 06-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset