HELP PLEASE, front wiper problem losing my mind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP PLEASE, front wiper problem losing my mind
well shaft me sideways . . . . . . i removed the hidden blue relay on the phase 1, went to swap it into the phase 2 and it doesn't have a place for one! . . . . .i've run out of ideas now, cleaned all the relay sockets up to no avail . . . . .

anyone have a wiring diagram for it? . . . looks like i'm gonna have to strip the entire wiper loom out the old car and bodge it onto the new one ffs . . it's not exactly my area of expertise . .boohoo lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
f*ck that for a laugh! I'd sell it and but something else loads easier
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2013, 12:51 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: f*ck that for a laugh! I'd sell it and but something else loads easier

thanks for the contribution Danny but that's not an option, i've fixed loads of shit on it already, i'll get there pal somehow lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Any time mate Smile haha

Been racking my brains but I'm as stumped as you are :/

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2013, 02:02 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Any time mate Smile haha

Been racking my brains but I'm as stumped as you are :/

cheers mate now why don't you get back to buying rustbuckets and HG failures . . lmao . . . . don't fancy helping me swap the rear beams on these two cars some time soon do ya? . .Smile
Thanks given by:
I would have gladly helped but you can struggle on your own now lmao

Yea let me know pal ill fetch my jack and 4 stands up Smile

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2013, 03:54 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I would have gladly helped but you can struggle on your own now lmao

Yea let me know pal ill fetch my jack and 4 stands up Smile

Big Grin cheers mate, this lowered beam is cambered pretty bad, not touching yet but a nats bollock from it . .lol
Thanks given by:
Just give me a shout mate Smile

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
well just to update on this, i've just had a real good search and there's NO BLUE RELAY behind the fuseboard on this phase 2, i've checked both my phase 1's and sure enough they are there, not on this car though, anyone have any bright ideas before i burn the fcuking thing? Big Grin

seems that the two purple relays have to do with the wipers (left of the fuseboard) as you unplug any one and wipers stop working, anyone else have the two purple ones? . . .
Thanks given by:
Are you sure the replacement motor works fine?

Having a stop position go wrong is normally a track issue inside the motor
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2013, 12:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: Are you sure the replacement motor works fine?

Having a stop position go wrong is normally a track issue inside the motor

yes, well put it this way, it's worked perfectly for the last 5 years, unless it suddenly decided to mimic the old motor somewhere between me taking it off and refitting it to the new car? but thanks . . . . Smile

sorry it's making me really pissy, had enough now . .Big Grin
Thanks given by:
2 purple relays are for auto wipers in phase 3s. Confused Swap them over...theoretically park and intermittent should work fine and full speed will then be broken if it is the relay at fault.
Thanks given by:
What are the 3 pins like inside the wiper motor?

There 3 or 4 small nuts take those of then inside the pins are there. If any one of them corroded or broken big problems start.
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2013, 02:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 2 purple relays are for auto wipers in phase 3s. Confused Swap them over...theoretically park and intermittent should work fine and full speed will then be broken if it is the relay at fault.

i swapped them round Tom and it was just the same, could it have had the windscreen replaced and the old sensor is fcuking things up now? . . .

clutching at straws i know . .Big Grin

(31-12-2013, 02:24 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote: What are the 3 pins like inside the wiper motor?

There 3 or 4 small nuts take those of then inside the pins are there. If any one of them corroded or broken big problems start.

i replaced the wiper motor for one that has been working for 5 years in my old car no problems and it's exactly the same, tried a another working stalk too . . . .:/

is the auto wiper stalk different to one's without does anyone know? . . . . . .got me thinking . . .
Thanks given by:
Hmm, if you swapped them and no difference it cant be the relays - doesn't rule out the wiring to them though.

If you unplug the sensor on an auto setup it just reverts back to intermittent instead of auto so shouldn't cause issues. Yes the stalk is different, but again I think it'd just revert back to intermittent if you put a non auto stalk on.
Thanks given by:
You tried another stalk tho haven't you pal?

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2013, 07:44 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: You tried another stalk tho haven't you pal?

yes mate, a phase 1 one...
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2013, 05:58 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hmm, if you swapped them and no difference it cant be the relays - doesn't rule out the wiring to them though.

If you unplug the sensor on an auto setup it just reverts back to intermittent instead of auto so shouldn't cause issues. Yes the stalk is different, but again I think it'd just revert back to intermittent if you put a non auto stalk on.

But he hasnt got auto wipers?! Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2014, 10:38 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(31-12-2013, 05:58 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hmm, if you swapped them and no difference it cant be the relays - doesn't rule out the wiring to them though.

But he hasnt got auto wipers?! Undecided

no but Tom is saying the two purple relays is same as an auto wiper setup,
Thanks given by:
but he is talking about it reverting to intermittent etc...well it wont do that coz it doesnt have that setup.

how do you get it back to parking position then mate?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2014, 12:12 PM)Piggy Wrote: but he is talking about it reverting to intermittent etc...well it wont do that coz it doesnt have that setup.

We're confused as 'usually' 2 purple relays is for auto, one blue relay is for manual. Yet Matt seems to have 2 purple relays but a manual setup - so maybe it should've been auto.

IF it had been an auto setup and someone had changed the screen and ditched the sensor I was saying it shouldn't make a difference to the parking as it'd just revert to intermittent. Read the whole thread. Tongue

I don't know what else to suggest now though - wipers really aren't complicated, its simply: Power - fuse - stalk - relay - motor - Earth. If you've swapped all those with known good ones then it can only be a wiring fault left but that'd usually just cause them to fail altogether. Confused
Thanks given by:
are the ph1 and ph2 motors the same??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've never had a phase 1 but I believe the motors are the same across all phases. Someone else can confirm hopefully though.
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2014, 12:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(01-01-2014, 12:12 PM)Piggy Wrote: but he is talking about it reverting to intermittent etc...well it wont do that coz it doesnt have that setup.

We're confused as 'usually' 2 purple relays is for auto, one blue relay is for manual. Yet Matt seems to have 2 purple relays but a manual setup - so maybe it should've been auto.

IF it had been an auto setup and someone had changed the screen and ditched the sensor I was saying it shouldn't make a difference to the parking as it'd just revert to intermittent. Read the whole thread. Tongue

I don't know what else to suggest now though - wipers really aren't complicated, its simply: Power - fuse - stalk - relay - motor - Earth. If you've swapped all those with known good ones then it can only be a wiring fault left but that'd usually just cause them to fail altogether. Confused

what he said lol . . . .lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiper problem (relay?) Pughawk 6 3,002 25-10-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Wiper Problem mangler 3 1,745 08-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Last Post: mangler
  front wiper motor gazthegnome 1 1,066 11-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Last Post: pug306driver