Radio and clock permanent live?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio and clock permanent live?
Basically every time the car is turned off all radio settings are lost and the clock resets itself back to 1200am, I have tried swapping the yellow and red wires around on the stereo, no difference, checked all relevant fuses, all ok, when the key is in the ACC position the battery light is lit up but neither the clock or radio will work unless the ignition is fully on? Any help appreciated
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
shunt fuse needs moving I expect.

Not got a pic to hand...try googling 306 shunt fuse, should show you which one it is...
basically its a fuse with two places/three slots
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just googled it, can see what you mean, will try it shortly and report back, cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
What Piggy said, and after you have done that you may need to swap your red / yellow wires back dependant on which way they are..
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Exactly what Darren said.
Thanks given by:
Tried swapping the shunt fuse around, no difference still, when the ignition is on I have 12v at both the yellow and red wire, when turned back to ACC the yellow wire still has 12v but the red doesn't even when swapped around the radio still doesn't power up, when the key is turned off altogether there isn't any power at either of the wires, any ideas? Not to sure where to look next
Thanks given by:
check in the engine bay fusebox for a duff fuse or bad connection onto a fuse
or if you have disconnected the battery check you have connected all the +cables
Thanks given by:
I went to do that next, then the bonnet cable snapped, so that ended that idea, I've traced the wires back and can't seem to find a break anywhere (using a multimeter to test) not a lot else I can do really, obviously the bonnet cable is more of an issue than the radio not saving stations so will have to fix that first, could there possibly be an issue connected to the ignition barrel?
Thanks given by:
the fuse box under the bonet feeds part of the fusebox in the car that supplys perminant live for stereo and clock Wink

ign barrel supplys switched live but thats not what you have lost you have lost a permenant suply
Thanks given by:
Just pinch a perm ign live from the ignition barrell if you cant trace the fault...seems odd tho
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ahh I see, must get under the bonnet then, the electrics on the car aren't the best to be honest, electrics aren't my strong point either , I've checked all the wires for power and open circuits all seem correct, but I may be missing something obvious, just no lives when the keys off
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Permanent fault: exhaust air injunction pump jay8086 3 1,969 26-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Last Post: C.A.R.
  Clock/Radio not working londondan86 6 2,242 28-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Last Post: stevieg
  Tempurature clock to non temp clock Ben Jay 10 3,230 28-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Foxy-jim