D turbo strange noise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D turbo strange noise
Wish i lived closer, would be well keen to give you a hand, any excuse to get my hands dirty!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2013, 04:20 PM)Tom Wrote: Wish i lived closer, would be well keen to give you a hand, any excuse to get my hands dirty!

It is pretty handy that there is a few guys near where I live so we all try to help each other out
Thanks given by:
If ya need a hand if ya want to take box out ya know were I am
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(21-11-2013, 07:11 PM)mikey b Wrote: If ya need a hand if ya want to take box out ya know were I am

Cheers mike. There not to bad to do apart from when putting the box back on lining the release bearing up can be a right pain. Going to drive on for a bit though
Thanks given by:
The noise seems to be getting better on pull a ways but it makes the noise now when I slow down and drop it in to 2nd gear
Thanks given by:
Still a strange one this how many miles you done now I will ave to pop over and go for a drive c what it's

Thanks given by:
I reckon its done over 1000miles. I should of made a note of the mileage when I fitted it! Yeah defo I'm sure I will be over your way some time soon. You aint been in it yet have you?
Thanks given by:
No drive it round ya work before it was on road but that's it yep will ave to go out for a drive with ya

Thanks given by:
As I mentioned the clutch seems to be pretty stiff so I have got a cable on order with Peugeot but I think its the pressure plate causing my problem. Some of the guys at work said that they do cause the clutch to good stiff but I will fit the cable first to try that anyway. I think I will just give CG a call tomorrow though to see if its a known problem.

What do most people do with the paddle clutches? Do you ever go for the pressure plate from CG or just use a standard 1?
Thanks given by:
What do you mean stiff? Like the pedal is hard to push? Lubed the pedal? I thought it was a new decent make pressure plate, doubt that would cause problems. Has it had time to bed in?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2013, 10:45 PM)Tom Wrote: What do you mean stiff? Like the pedal is hard to push? Lubed the pedal? I thought it was a new decent make pressure plate, doubt that would cause problems. Has it had time to bed in?

Yeah the pedal has become harder to push. I haven't lubed the pedal but at the start it feels ok but the last 2 3rds are pretty stiff. When I had the old clutch on it was a pretty light pedal (for a 306)

It was a valeo pressure plate I used. Was brand new but I got it from eBay pretty cheap as I think it was old stock they were clearing out so wonder if that's got anything to do with it. I have driven over 1000 miles with the clutch but have only recently taken notice of it getting stiff
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2013, 01:18 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(26-11-2013, 10:45 PM)Tom Wrote: What do you mean stiff? Like the pedal is hard to push? Lubed the pedal? I thought it was a new decent make pressure plate, doubt that would cause problems. Has it had time to bed in?

Yeah the pedal has become harder to push. I haven't lubed the pedal but at the start it feels ok but the last 2 3rds are pretty stiff. When I had the old clutch on it was a pretty light pedal (for a 306)

It was a valeo pressure plate I used. Was brand new but I got it from eBay pretty cheap as I think it was old stock they were clearing out so wonder if that's got anything to do with it. I have driven over 1000 miles with the clutch but have only recently taken notice of it getting stiff

So what was the problem?
Thanks!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strange knock (tap) noise CJ_Derv 8 2,084 06-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv
  Strange boost leak? funny noise! doogle-d turbo 38 7,436 21-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  k14 turbo noise zx_volcane 16 3,121 22-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Last Post: scottbmxer