So change of car for many reasons..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So change of car for many reasons..
So the china 6 is up for sale and i will have the choice between a 1.4 307 or a 1 litre citroen ax haha! What a choice i know Wink

So which would you choose .. Ha
Thanks given by:
Id say the 307, iv got the 136 Xsi Hdi and it is a good car
Thanks given by:
Ax ftw, old school cool haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2013, 04:02 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Id say the 307, iv got the 136 Xsi Hdi and it is a good car

Its only a 1.4 307 so it will be gutless, if it was an hdi i would choose that haha! but just a runaround until i can fix the bianca !

(13-11-2013, 04:03 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Ax ftw, old school cool haha

You wouldnt say that if you saw it! Its burgundy haha! If it was the gt thats another story lol
Thanks given by:
If its just temporary get the one that you can make money on
Thanks given by:
Im driving a 1.0 AX atm on a carb, tbh, bit of induction work (all free) and adjustment to the ignition timing, and is a right hoot, it weighs so little that believe it or not you can have a lol with a 1.0l!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2013, 04:20 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Im driving a 1.0 AX atm on a carb, tbh, bit of induction work (all free) and adjustment to the ignition timing, and is a right hoot, it weighs so little that believe it or not you can have a lol with a 1.0l!

Ok...someone has definitely hacked his account....

Where's the real Darren Lobb who has insane amounts of love for chronic boost and coal?
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2013, 04:09 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: If its just temporary get the one that you can make money on

I already own them both haha!

(13-11-2013, 04:20 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Im driving a 1.0 AX atm on a carb, tbh, bit of induction work (all free) and adjustment to the ignition timing, and is a right hoot, it weighs so little that believe it or not you can have a lol with a 1.0l!

The plan was to gt spec the ax and have it resprayed for next year as a track weapon ! But for now the shed is a run about haha
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2013, 04:34 PM)mr_fish Wrote:

Where's the real Darren Lobb who has insane amounts of love for chronic boost and coal?

Heh, last two cars have been TU engined, and getting smaller capacity by the minute Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2013, 04:40 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(13-11-2013, 04:34 PM)mr_fish Wrote:

Heh, last two cars have been TU engined, and getting smaller capacity by the minute Wink

at that rate, I expect you'll be riding that senda next
Thanks given by:
well both will do roughly 45-55mpg, the 307 will have more power but more weight, and i for one much prefer the interior in an ax - and i think it'd be better in the snow - go AX imo
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Id go for the AX myself, much more lol's t be had with a 1.0 AX than a 1.4 307........ the 307 is never going to put a smile on your face

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Remember guys i wont be snow drifting the ax with my two daughters in the car haha!
Thanks given by:
Id have the AX any day of the week, they are like a cooler 106/saxo, they weigh absolutely nothing and parts are stupidly cheap. Got a casual eye out for a 1.4nad ax at the moment.
Thanks given by:
the ax, i have owned two gt's and loved them both, awesome cars!
Thanks given by:
The 307. With children in the car that should be the safer option. Smile
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2013, 06:31 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Id have the AX any day of the week, they are like a cooler 106/saxo, they weigh absolutely nothing and parts are stupidly cheap. Got a casual eye out for a 1.4nad ax at the moment.

Yeah but there tiny and not safe for the girls:/

(13-11-2013, 07:20 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The 307. With children in the car that should be the safer option. Smile

Yeah was looking at safety ratings and what not lol
Thanks given by:
i'd get the ax and try a dturb in it haha
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2013, 07:20 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The 307. With children in the car that should be the safer option. Smile

Just what I was going to say...
Thanks given by:
With kids defo the 307, i would never have taken mine out in my ax, its like a crisp packet with wheels lol!
Thanks given by:
Yeah the ax looks like a bean can! Just as bad as a saxo! And the 307 has 5doors bonus!
Thanks given by:
TBF, from a safety point of view, the AX is far worse than a Saxo, theres less metal the seats are shit and it's pre Euro NCAP.

Only an issue if you crash though.
Thanks given by:
Much as the ax is clearly the better car, would have to say the 307 is best for your situation. I can't imagine your girls will appreciate having to help de-ice the inside of the windscreen every morning through winter for starters lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-11-2013, 10:03 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: TBF, from a safety point of view, the AX is far worse than a Saxo, theres less metal the seats are shit and it's pre Euro NCAP.

The Ax, 106 & saxo are all based on the same shell but with different panels bolted to them....

Your point still stands however; they aren't a safe car to cart the kids about in!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2013, 07:33 AM)Poodle Wrote: Much as the ax is clearly the better car, would have to say the 307 is best for your situation. I can't imagine your girls will appreciate having to help de-ice the inside of the windscreen every morning through winter for starters lol.

There only 1 & 2 so dont think they will help me haha!!

(14-11-2013, 08:09 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(13-11-2013, 10:03 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: TBF, from a safety point of view, the AX is far worse than a Saxo, theres less metal the seats are shit and it's pre Euro NCAP.

The Ax, 106 & saxo are all based on the same shell but with different panels bolted to them....

Your point still stands however; they aren't a safe car to cart the kids about in!

Yeah and living in the farmer village lols i dont fancy meeting a landy in an ax lol! Its a cool little thing cheap to insure and run but safety wise no
Thanks given by:
AX, VTS engine, job done!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2013, 09:17 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: AX, VTS engine, job done!

That was the plan! Smile
Thanks given by:
Im split both ways on this tbh. As a parent, half of me says get the 307 for the safety aspect, but the petrolhead in me says the AX for all the above reasons! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2013, 09:44 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Im split both ways on this tbh. As a parent, half of me says get the 307 for the safety aspect, but the petrolhead in me says the AX for all the above reasons! lol

Either way il still own both Smile so the ax can undergo surgery Smile
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2013, 08:09 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(13-11-2013, 10:03 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: TBF, from a safety point of view, the AX is far worse than a Saxo, theres less metal the seats are shit and it's pre Euro NCAP
Sorry mate, just to be an utter pedant the floor pan and chassis rails are the same, everything up is different. The AX even has some lightweight composite panels the 106/Saxo doesn't.

(14-11-2013, 09:47 AM)Sian Wrote:
(14-11-2013, 09:44 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Im split both ways on this tbh. As a parent, half of me says get the 307 for the safety aspect, but the petrolhead in me says the AX for all the above reasons! lol
Either way ill still own both Smile so the ax can undergo surgery Smile
How many cars do you own?
Thanks given by: