please please help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please please help
I am sorry if I am not doing this right. I have never used these forum things before and I am not of the dot com generation. I live in the uk and am looking for a carburetor for my 306, 1.8. part number 1401G2. If you know how I can get one please let me know.
Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
Firstly, welcome to the forum. Smile

Secondly, have you tried any local motor factors, or even a Peugeot dealership?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Carb? Really?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I was dubious as well mate, but I googled the part number, and there are results for a 306 carb......though none in english. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thought they were all injection?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Isnt the ph1 1.8 a single point injection system? Sort of a carb.
Or does he mean throttle body?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I know the early phase 1 1.4 is a single point injection system, not a carburettor though is it?
Thanks given by:
Confused! D:
Thanks given by:
I'm not even sure any UK 1.8's were SPI were they? Pretty sure the 8 valve was still MPI. Definitely not a carb though, the part number is for a 1.4.

What year is your car, is it a UK model or import, and can you add a picture of the part you need?
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 01:14 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Firstly, welcome to the forum. Smile

Secondly, have you tried any local motor factors, or even a Peugeot dealership?

yes I have asked the local factors and the dealership without success. The dealership said that the carb is no longer available even for order

(02-01-2015, 10:47 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I'm not even sure any UK 1.8's were SPI were they?  Pretty sure the 8 valve was still MPI.  Definitely not a carb though, the part number is for a 1.4.

What year is your car, is it a UK model or import, and can you add a picture of the part you need?

The car is a 2000 model and I gave the chassis no to both the factors and the dealership and they did find the car in their system but just did not have the part, It was the dealership who gave me the part number after I gave them the chassis number

The car is a 2000 model and I gave the chassis no to both the factors and the dealership and they did find the car in their system but just did not have the part, It was the dealership who gave me the part number after I gave them the chassis number
Thanks given by:
Then its not a carb you need.

Whats the actual problem/fault you have??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have a feeling theres a bit of miss information here as all 306s in 2000 were multi point injection so don't have a carb. IIRC the only ones that did were the very early 1.4 and even then its not really a carb. its a single point injection system
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
im so confused. How can any stock 2000 model have a carb on it... Got a photo?
Thanks given by:
This 306 has definitely got a carb and the part number is also correct. I do not know if it had been imported before we got it but it sure has a carb. Peugeot have confirmed its existence but they do not have the carb
Thanks given by:
Get us a picture??

And again, whats the fault with the car??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 06:53 PM)LIBION Wrote: This 306 has definitely got a carb and the part number is also correct. I do not know if it had been imported before we got it but it sure has a carb. Peugeot have confirmed its existence but they do not have the carb

take a photo! All this hassle and persistance by yourself when all you have to do is take a photo and show us! Its difficult to help if we cant see!
Thanks given by:
come on guys ligten up use service box he's given you the part number!

CARBURETTOR TU3-2

[attachment=20897]

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
TU3 = 1.4 Confused
Thanks given by:
peugeot still list it and the price is £714.89p il get my coat now!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 08:24 PM)Toms306 Wrote: TU3 = 1.4 Confused

This
Either he isn't too sure as to what engine he has or he's been misguided as to whats wrong and how to repair it.

What is the issue with your car?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I am sorry to have bothered some but that was not the intention, I was only looking for help. If you remember I had mentioned that I am not very good with modern technology and that is why I have not yet posted a picture. My grandson is coming on Monday So I will get him to take the pictures and post. As for the problem with the carb, the garage I took it for repairs said that the carb was faulty and beyond repair. I then took it to the peugeot garage and they said the car needed a new carb.

As for not being sure about the car, well If I WAS NOT SURE WHAT SIZE OF ENGINE THE CAR HAS THEN I SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE AT ALL. It is a 1.8 petrol engine, not 1.4. I can post the chassis number for anybody to check. The number is A231254325
Thanks given by:
I'm almost certain it'll be a throttle body you're after.
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 11:52 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I'm almost certain it'll be a throttle body you're after.

+1
Thanks given by:
I think it's a language barrier, where you from mate? The 306 didn't have a carburettor, I'm guessing you mean throttle body too Smile
Thanks given by: