Weird Clock cluster problem 306 HDI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Clock cluster problem 306 HDI
Sometimes when I turn on the ignition on my 306 HDI the instrument dials go up (filling the clocks) and when started sometimes does the same thing and settles after a few seconds, also the oil guage sometimes doesent come on and sometimes doesn't go off for a few seconds after the car has been started. Any ideas whats causing this or should I be worried about it? Also the car is completely standard.
Thanks given by:
It's caused by a low battery, or poor earth connections.
Thanks given by:
The car starts without struggle on the battery, where would be good earth locations/plugs etc to check?
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 10:59 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It's caused by a low battery, or poor earth connections.

this!

tbh id live with it. makes it feel more race car! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Mines has done this. Started car up one morning didnt realise my foot was on accelerator pedal so it revved right up then clocks spazzed, then Straighr back to normal
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How do you "not realise" your foots on the pedal Kent? lmao
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 09:51 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: How do you "not realise" your foots on the pedal Kent? lmao

A night of no sleep. In a massive rush to get to work! When I start the car I always have the clutch pedal down. So I think I may of had the wrong pedal Undecided
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Still any advice on what earths/plugs etc to look at for bad/faulty connections?
Thanks given by:
Gearbox earth is the usual suspect on 306s.

It may still 'start fine' on a low battery, mine was the same with the dials even though it didn't struggle to start.
New battery in there and no more weirdness with the dials and it starts even quicker than before. Big Grin
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 11:53 AM)me-tm Wrote: Gearbox earth is the usual suspect on 306s.

It may still 'start fine' on a low battery, mine was the same with the dials even though it didn't struggle to start.
New battery in there and no more weirdness with the dials and it starts even quicker than before. Big Grin

Ok thanks will have a look around was just scared it could of been a more serious problem
Thanks given by:
There is an earth under the clutch pedal...... Or brake ....... Or the other lol i forget , any way take that one off and clean it up see if that stops it

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Almost guarantee its the battery. This weather will be killing them at the moment. Despite the fact its starting fine, i bet its on its last legs and struggling to supply enough power after starting.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The oil guage ob mine stays on for a few seconds after starting thought that was normal? As for it not coming on ive noticed on mine if you jump in an start the car immediately it doesnt come on..
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 05:45 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: The oil guage ob mine stays on for a few seconds after starting thought that was normal? As for it not coming on ive noticed on mine if you jump in an start the car immediately it doesnt come on..

Its takes a second or 2 to take a reading on the second flick of the key so if you just start it quickly, it won't. If you leave it on the second click for a second or 2 then start it, it will.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 06:37 PM)Niall Wrote:
(11-11-2013, 05:45 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: The oil guage ob mine stays on for a few seconds after starting thought that was normal? As for it not coming on ive noticed on mine if you jump in an start the car immediately it doesnt come on..

Its takes a second or 2 to take a reading on the second flick of the key so if you just start it quickly, it won't. If you leave it on the second click for a second or 2 then start it, it will.

Yeah thats what i meant just didnt write it very well lol
Thanks given by:
Recently bought a 306 hdi and had this issue took it back about 2 weeks ago they put a new battery in and no problems since
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2013, 02:27 PM)deggerz Wrote: Recently bought a 306 hdi and had this issue took it back about 2 weeks ago they put a new battery in and no problems since

Yea I had to put a new battery in mines it rarely ever does it now but every so often it fills the speedo and rev counter when turning the ignition must be a faulty earth somewhere although I'm not too bothered as it does no harm really.
Thanks given by:
Either a bad earth or try removing the shunt fuse in the fuse box located in the middle, take it out for 20 seconds, give it a wipe as static builds up on it, Make sure you have your radio code handy as it will reset everything including interior clock etc, mine is grey in color but not sure they are all the same??.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird problem when cold LewisG 5 1,047 27-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
Tongue Problem with instrument cluster on peugeot 306 achtung 2 1,248 16-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Tempurature clock to non temp clock Ben Jay 10 3,218 28-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Foxy-jim