MOT Preparations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOT Preparations
Have mot next week and just wondering many of yous actully check the car over and mot it and who does the bare minimum i.e raise the car and set lights then run her through an hope for the best?

Last year i just raised the car and set the lights and ran er through, doin the same again this year lol
Thanks given by:
I check everything before I send any of my cars in, most times they pass after finding something wrong with it before hand. Saves it failing and the joy of a retest. Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm just gonna send mine in as it is, then laugh at him when he tries to figure how to get it over his pit...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Look in the guides section for the thread, I didn't write it for nothing Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2013, 09:02 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Look in the guides section for the thread, I didn't write it for nothing Rolleyes
He's not asking for a guide, he's asking how many people actually bother doing a pre check.

Now play nicely or your getting another time out.

For the record mine gets a wash and a clean out then a half arsed checking over.
Thanks given by:
Mine gets nothing, if i don't think it's mot-worthy i don't wait until the mot to be told lol. The mot is a minimum standard for safe operation of the vehicle, simple as. Ok there's the odd thing that's debatable and a pita, airbag light for example, but most of it is pretty functional and if you're car doesn't meet up, then it's potentially dangerous.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I check everything. Also I make sure everything works. Tester like to see a car thats looked after
Thanks given by:
I sell cars before the MOT's due usually....

But otherwise, I tend to look over lights and tyres, everything else should be pretty obvious while driving.

Only had 2 done so far, one on the 1.4 (pass first time with lots of advisories), one on Rowells estate that I borrowed (pass second time...I missed a sidelight bulb out!)
Thanks given by:
Tom, you never cease to amaze me. Surely selling cars is quite nerve racking for a shy person!?

Anyway I do all of the above, so far have never had a first time pass though! There always seems to be something that I have overlooked, TBH. Lucky the inspector is doing his job properly!
Thanks given by:
check the lights, tyres, fluids, wipers, n seat belts then it goes in for the test
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2013, 06:55 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Tom, you never cease to amaze me. Surely selling cars is quite nerve racking for a shy person!?

Yep, hate it....that's why I often break them for parts instead....post stuff and never have to come into contact with anyone. Wink And about 4 of the other cars I sold to people I already knew from the village....
Thanks given by:
I just throw it in, often fail on something retarded like a side-repeater bulb.

My favourite was the MX-5 failing cos the Turbo had melted thru the windscreen washer hose.
Thanks given by:
before moting the 1.8 i checked all the bulbs, rehung the exhaust, put in a few bits of interior trim and bled the brakes. Passed! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I love cars (especially my new hdi) however i am pretty useless at doing car stuff so i tend to either sell or swap cars before the mot or just clean it, check the bulbs and pray, then take the fail cert to a mechanically minded friend with ebay in hand and go to work (my role is purely lacky/supervisor/tea boy lol)
Thanks given by: