Plumbers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plumbers?
Having a problem with our shower. We had a Mira Excel thermostatic mixer shower fitted. Gravity fed cold, normal hot supply. It was powerful ish but no 'power shower'. This fell to bits and because the parts where over £100 to fix i bought a replacement Trition thermostatic mixer shower. Had this fitted and quite frankly i could drool faster.

I want to improve the whole showering experience so I'm thinking of putting a 9.5kw shower in with mains cold feed. Before i do this is there any way of improving the pressure? And am i right in thinking that the water pressure on the electric shower could be poor too even with a mains cold feed?

I'm a sparky so wiring the new shower is no problem just a lot of mess.

Cheers in advance.
Thanks given by:
"thefastestone" on here is a plumber, he's a handy man with this kind of stuff, perhaps worth a pm if no one else replies
Thanks given by:
Will do, thanks.
Thanks given by:
You have both hot and cold currently being fed by a cold water storage tank up the loft? (via a cylinder for the hot water)

First thing make sure that any flow restrictors have been removed from the shower.. sometimes they come with the ones for mains pre-installed so you get a dribble from gravity... and obviously make sure all valves are fully open.

Second ensure that the water is being fed to the shower the right way round.... if not your in schtick.... hot should go in to the left most prob, check your book though.

right if these don't work...... improve the water pressure.... you can either raise the hight of the tanks.... if you can...

Or you can fit a shower pump and make it a power shower.... you much have a minimum cold water tank size to suit the pump and you may need a surrey flange and stuff...but you do get a power shower at the end of the day....

make sure you fit that bad boy with an RCD otherwise the part p police will be breathing down your ear Big Grin

if not swap your service fuse to a 100A, and warm up your cables with a 11.5KW, Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heating Engineers/Plumbers? - Heatrae Sadia Megaflow Pressure Question Toms306 30 7,554 16-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Any plumbers on here? Iceman299 19 7,045 19-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3