The Weather Channel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Weather Channel
Some bits of country have had it bad apparently. Just not the places that were supposed to be hit! Was fine down here Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
you lot down south really got it bad!! hope you boys are ok, as north side was mild as out, even the time it kicked off too.
Thanks given by:
Erm, it was meant to hit central south coast, and that's exactly where it hit..? It was blown out of proportion by the media, but then again what isn't. And yeah, if they hadn't given out warnings the same moaners would have been kicking off about lack of preparation, can't win.

It was fairly serious by me, struggled to sleep through it actually, thanks to various items smashing their way down the road or trees breaking at 15 minute intervals. When i left for work this morning it was pretty messy, there were four trees in the road before i'd even got out of my road. 100 yards out of my road i had to take to the pavement to get round a fifth. Over a dozen counted altogether on my 7 mile run to work, not to mention innumerable branches and the odd bit off fence/shed/garden furniture, etc.

Several main roads local to me were blocked, was a bit surprised at one point to come round a corner to be faced by a bus reversing up the road lol - road was blocked by a mahoosive tree and the bus didn't have enough room to turn around, so was reversing back to the last turning. I don't think we were the worst hit area, we're a good 10 miles inland.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pugfest prep (weather..) ginge191 22 5,544 10-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Sian
  The Nightmare Neighbour Next Door | Channel 5 HDIkyle 3 1,866 23-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Last Post: John1.4
  Great British Weather Toast 27 9,891 10-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Piggy