Cars in shopping centres

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars in shopping centres
Yeah i know you can't be there for them 24/7. Maybe i just see it different because people round here seem to be the sort that only have a baby because they want a free house hence don't give a shit what their kids do.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You'll find a lot of parents are like that tbh. Nothing you can do about it, but smart comments don't help the situation because if the situation arose because the parent didn't give a shit about their kid, a game of one-upmanship wouldn't change anything apart from make you feel smug about what you said.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Suppose there's 2 ways of looking at it.

Either a) kids don't realise that they'll get hurt but one pretty effective way of them learning what hurts is letting them run into things willy nilly
or b) I don't remember ever running into a trolley but I know my mum kept me in the trolley or on a lead so that she could look after me and taught me why
Thanks given by:
You were kept on a lead? lmao
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 10:10 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Suppose there's 2 ways of looking at it.

Either a) kids don't realise that they'll get hurt but one pretty effective way of them learning what hurts is letting them run into things willy nilly
or b) I don't remember ever running into a trolley but I know my mum kept me in the trolley or on a lead so that she could look after me and taught me why

Why do i have an image of Dumdum as a child (well 16) literally with a dog collar and retractable lead over the park with his mum!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
He shouldn't have been let off it...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You know what i mean, reins, same shit really.

Think mum got f*cked off when i realised that shed hold them up if I fell over so i didnt hit the floor so I could run and swing in them.
Thanks given by:
Well i'm f*cked as far as parent of the year award goes then. Phoenix has never ever been in reins, he must be a right little shit. Forgot i was raising an animal, not a person.
Thanks given by:
Hope you put a muzzle on him when he's in public. Thats just irresponsible if you don't!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 10:20 PM)Niall Wrote: Hope you put a muzzle on him when he's in public. Thats just irresponsible if you don't!

f*ck, are you trying to make me feel even shitter right now? I'm already having to reevaluate the last three and a half years, i don't need a shopping list too
Thanks given by:
Sorry dude but this is all part of buying a child

Clicky
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Nah put the fucker in a cage when you go shopping. You know for his safety and shit.

That said however much you dislike this good parenting is alot like training an animal
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 10:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: good parenting is alot like training an animal

lmao

God you come out with some retarded stuff sometimes.

Good parenting is where you instill the knowledge and confidence in the child to give them the ability to make social decisions with the conscious knowledge of the likely repercussions of their actions and the ability to distinguish between socailly and lawfully perceived "right and wrong". Your main priority is to make them conscious and understanding of their surroundings and environment and instill the survival instincts they need to one day fend for themselves and pass their knowledge and experiences onto their children in future.

Not teaching the child to sit down for a f*cking biscuit.
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 10:35 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(27-10-2013, 10:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: good parenting is alot like training an animal

lmao

God you come out with some retarded stuff sometimes.

Good parenting is where you instill the knowledge and confidence in the child to give them the ability to make social decisions with the conscious knowledge of the likely repercussions of their actions and the ability to distinguish between socailly and lawfully perceived "right and wrong". Your main priority is to make them conscious and understanding of their surroundings and environment and instill the survival instincts they need to one day fend for themselves and pass their knowledge and experiences onto their children in future.

Not teaching the child to sit down for a f*cking biscuit.

This is getting a bit deep for a Sunday evening, how the f*ck have we got here from cars being displayed in malls lol
Thanks given by:
Child is good, child get sweets
Dog is good, dog gets treats.

Child is bad, child sits on naughty step or goes to room
Dog is bad, bog sits in its bed or goes out to garden

Child needs to learn something you stick with child till they learn it then praise them when they do
Dog needs to learn something you stick telling the dog to sit till it gets it then praise it when it does it

Child cant be trusted not to run into traffic on the road you keep it on reigns
Dog cant be trusted not to run into traffic on the road you keep it on a lead

An undesirable boy tries f*cking your daughter scare him off
An undesirable dog tries f*cking your bitch you scare him off

I could go on but I feel I've proved my point. Its all positive reinforcement (well with a little bit of negative reinforcement and psychological bullying where appropriate)
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 10:46 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Child is good, child get sweets
Dog is good, dog gets treats.

Child is bad, child sits on naughty step or goes to room
Dog is bad, bog sits in its bed or goes out to garden

Child needs to learn something you stick with child till they learn it then praise them when they do
Dog needs to learn something you stick telling the dog to sit till it gets it then praise it when it does it

Child cant be trusted not to run into traffic on the road you keep it on reigns
Dog cant be trusted not to run into traffic on the road you keep it on a lead

An undesirable boy tries f*cking your daughter scare him off
An undesirable dog tries f*cking your bitch you scare him off

I could go on but I feel I've proved my point. Its all positive reinforcement (well with a little bit of negative reinforcement and psychological bullying where appropriate)

You've not really proved your point at all, you've proved you can teach a child a Pavlovian response just like you can teach a dog. There's so many other social situations that simply aren't relevant to animals that your theory is flawed and completely invalid.

You teach a dog how to respond to a given stimulus. You don't teach it to understand WHY it should respond that way, the moral of the story and the short and long term repercussions of its actions. You don't teach it to develop hand eye coordination, or encourage imagination and creativity. You don't teach it how to overcome emotional challenges, you don't explain why something has upset or what its choices are going forward.

If you raised a child like that, you wouldn't make a good human being. You'd make a pet. The fact you seem to think raising a child on reins and treating it like an animal makes you a good parent just goes to show you never developed the aforementioned ability to think for yourself (presumably because you were too busy being dragged about on your own reins and "being a good boy" and I genuinely feel sorry for any child bestowed upon you.
Thanks given by:
Are you two actually having an in-depth discussion about parenting? Stop the world, I want to get off.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
lmaolmao wooow.

ThumbsUp pellowe
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2013, 07:03 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Are you two actually having an in-depth discussion about parenting? Stop the world, I want to get off.

Rofl

Hang on, i'm coming with you.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Members scrappy shopping list! Redordead89 9 2,045 06-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Broadband shopping about lolsteve 13 2,013 08-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Last Post: toseland
  pressure washer/snow foam shopping Chris_90 10 1,839 22-04-2014, 09:30 PM