Air recirculation Valve Ticking HELP!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air recirculation Valve Ticking HELP!!!!
In my 306 HDi when i first turn on the key, the re-circulation valve/flap motor tick for about 10 seconds, also the button doesn't do anything so im guessing that the motor/mechanism is kaput!! Where is it and how is the best way to get access to it to remove the plug from the motor.

Its really starting to get annoying now!!!

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Err what?

Sure thats not your glow plugs or something?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Didn't think / know hdis had a Recirculation valve? Sure you're not just hearing the lift pump?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
It's a flap above the blower motor, but I really don't think that's your issue. I've never heard one click at all. If you want to check it works, take the air duct off the passenger side under the scuttle, theres a good view of it from there, it takes ages to open or close though.
Thanks given by:
yeh its deffo that recirculation valve under the scuttle, because when you press the button on the dash it makes the same noise
Thanks given by:
Fair enough then, it'll be right bugger to get to the little motor though, it's easy to get at with the dash out, but I'm not sure if theres any access at all with the dash in place!
Thanks given by:
ill have a good look at the weekend, these dark nights now are no fun!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  URGENT: Ticking on Ignition Eeyore 8 1,457 24-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  HDI ticking noise from passenger airbag Potta_91 5 1,610 28-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Mattinthehat
  Indicator ticking when I'm not even indicating? Help CalNeedham3061.4 9 2,184 13-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Toms306