Computer experts-can't upload anything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer experts-can't upload anything
For the last 2 weeks since the internet played up I cannot upload anythingHuh I thought it was a problem with photobucket but I have just tried imageshack which has the same problem. It just doesn't upload anything at all, stays at 0% the whole time! Just a nuisance for my project since I have to add photos as attachments which takes ages and doesn't really work for loads of photos; well it does but it takes longer.
Thanks given by:
http://youtu.be/p85xwZ_OLX0
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Did you fix your issue that was causing your high ping?
Thanks given by:
Do you have a decent'ish phone, down load the photobucket app and upload them that way, i only just found out about it makes my life so much easier. Basically do everything from my phone now as the laptop can be soooooo slow some times

Thanks given by:
Is it any website that you can't upload to?
Try Speedtest.net and see when you do the speed test if it will actually upload data.
Thanks given by:
should do, .6 mbps upload.

[Image: 3060812598.png]
Thanks given by:
I think you need to give your ISP a ring, thats pretty shocking haha.

(27-10-2013, 03:52 PM)xdoddyx Wrote: I think you need to give your ISP a ring, thats pretty shocking haha.

This is my connection, on my phone with 3G
[Image: 3060820627.png]
Thanks given by:
Lol don't think I've ever seen Talktalk return good speeds!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Here's mine lol...

Internet is always slow at weekends tbh though....

[Image: 3060849109.png]
Thanks given by:
whistle

[Image: 3060855364.png]
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Dodgy

I take it you have fibre there lol.
Thanks given by:
Campus uni speeds were nuts. 300MB / 150 MB DL/UL.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
/inb4foobypostsgigabitspeeds

There's obviously something wrong with your connection if you're not able to upload files to lots of different sites. Have you tried using a different browser?
Thanks given by:
Just tried Chrome Scott, it is uploading without a problem (gonna take about 5 minutes though due to the backlog) ThumbsUp Great suggestion, as always. Must be a bug in IE (Yeah, I know, I am so 90s). You wouldn't have thought this guy had an HND in the subject would you? Though I do prefer more hardware oriented issues than software ones.

Using a program called Ping Plotter I have conducted some trace routes...with...let's say...some..."interesting"...results:

How can the internet be working okay if there is 100% packet loss on some hops?Huh

Surely that would mean that there is no response and therefore the traffic can't flow, unless the requests are being blocked by a firewall?
Thanks given by:
Remember Google doesn't run on a single server, it sends you query to a number of servers which are best suited for you geographically and in terms of connection speed (among other factors), then the one which displays the page is the one that returned a result the fastest. Just looks like it wasn't able to connect to those other servers and returned a result from another server. If you tried with the forum server then it would yield a different result.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for explaining bud Smile
Thanks given by:
No problem Smile

Good to hear you have better luck with Chrome.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer gurus - crashing PC ginge191 8 1,870 24-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  Windows 10 experts help if possible. toseland 4 1,191 10-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  Arduino Experts. ConorTRG 4 1,104 04-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Last Post: ConorTRG