Just almost died...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just almost died...
Just got home from an awesome random drive over to Pateley Bridge and back (for any West Yorks people it's the road from Otley, through Norwood, past the RAF base and up towards Brimham Rocks), and literally had the nearest miss I have EVER had in a car...

On the way back into Leeds, stopped at a set of lights crossing over a dual carriageway, lights went green and I set off. Looked to my right halfway across in time to see an Impreza blast through the red light at what must have been at least 100mph in a 40 zone. Floored it and managed to get out of the way at the last minute, the Scooby swerved, went into a massive tank slapper and spun just before a roundabout, stopped, then shot away tyres smoking....

If he hadn't swerved, or I hadn't seen him running the light, he'd have hit my drivers door at 100mph+, and I'm pretty sure I'd have taken my last breath. Laughed it off at the time after losing my rag and briefly attempting to chase him (stage 1 DT v modded WRX lol ), but sat thinking about it...

DAMN!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Go buy a lottery ticket.......NOW!!!!
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Harsh maybe, but I really hope the dick in the Impreza is by himself in the car one day and flips it into a field before he kills someone...
Thanks given by:
Lucky, that'll probably be stolen though doing that speed through red lights
Thanks given by:
You'd be surprised, some people think they can do all kinds of daft shit on public roads.

Glad you're ok mate!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lets all hope that the driver is waking up in a concrete rooms with only a itchy blanket and facing a lengthy driving ban.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had a similar incident when working nights, but involved a marked traffic police car without his sirens on or anything.
Nearly took me out when he jumped a red
Thanks given by:
I had almost exactly the same thing on a blind round about in a 30 zone once, pulled out fairly slowly looking right (blind side) only to see a 1.2 clio coming at me at like 70-80 booted it across the round about into an industrial unit ( didnt even attempt to go round the round about) it was that close the clio smaked his mirror off on my boot lid,

The only up side to my incident is the clio swerved to me , went through a fence dropped off a wall and went through the side of a brick industrial unit ................... And got out and tryed to tell me he was doing 30...........

Obviously the police disagreed with him, i lol'd at him after we were done and left lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Pictures or it didn't happen!

OH! wait

Near mis you say Sad
Thanks given by:
Sick of this shit to be honest, dicks in modded JDM cars doing ridiculously dangerous things on public roads thinking they're street racers...
Thanks given by:
had a near head on yesterday...punk in a pimped Civic went for a overtake straight in front of me!!!

Thank goodness for GTi brakes
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 09:18 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Sick of this shit to be honest, dicks in modded JDM cars doing ridiculously dangerous things on public roads thinking they're street racers...

when the sun go's down all the crazies come out to play
its always been the same,
its a dangerous world and the health and safety brigade are trying there best to wrap everything in cotton wool

but sometimes the Darwin theory dose work without taking innocents

look after yourself and be safe
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ford Fiesta 1.4tdci-she almost died on me today..any ideas? Craig-o 11 3,404 10-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam