Quick ebay advice..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick ebay advice..
Hello!

I won an item on eBay about 3weeks ago, worth £110. Its worth a fair amount more than that and the seller has a relatively new account.

Anyway, before the auction ended, the seller was quick to respond. After though, the seller went quiet - surprise surprise!

I paid through PayPal, which showed as 'pending'. I emailed the seller to let them know this.. No reply. I left it a week, tried contacting them again. No reply so I cancelled the payment, its back in my account. I informed eBay and left negative feedback.

Seller contacted me a few days later saying there were health issues and that could I resend payment. This looks ok to me, even though its 3wks since the auction ended - i understand the eBay buyer protection time limit starts from date of payment...??

Payment will be via PayPal through ab eBay invoice that was resent.. So what do we reckon- sound legit?

Cheers
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Hmm 3 weeks before you here anything off the seller? Ive been apart of ebay for over 6 years now and the amount of times I heard. (ill health) or ( health issues) is amazingly high. Now feedback has been recorded for the item and the money returned to you id leave it and carry on looking.
Thanks given by:
You get 45 days to open a case with paypal IIRC.
Thanks given by:
I'd contact eBay and seek advice, you have nothing to lose.

Being cautious is a perfect excuse to delay payment and if they have less than 25 positive feedback I probably wouldn't of even gone near them!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Tbf if they never accepted the payment in the first place, i don't see the problem. Surely if they were trying to do one they would have accepted the money, if they weren't happy with the price they wouldn't have messaged you offering it to you again. As you say, you've got another 6 weeks after making the payment to call it, so what have you got to lose? (Apart from the interest £110 for 6 weeks. lol )
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Easiest way out. Pay for it on a credit card if you have one. Your protected then even if ebay/paypal won't protect you.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2013, 07:56 PM)Niall Wrote: Easiest way out. Pay for it on a credit card if you have one. Your protected then even if ebay/paypal won't protect you.

Great advice, I got ripped off on eBay once by making the mistake of going to the dodgy sellers own website, got it refunded and investigated by my card company Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Bear in mind if you have to do it that way your credit card compamy will be recovering the money from paypal, not the seller, and will bring a corresponding amount of grief.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ebay advice Chris_90 23 5,597 16-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Last Post: nominous
  ebay advice C2K 32 3,823 04-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Last Post: C2K
  ADVICE NEEDED: EBay GTI6 Eeyore 26 8,565 10-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Eeyore