2.2 Dimma Hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.2 Dimma Hdi
fuckin hell thats a list and a half!! just a weeks worth of work or a long weekend. the advisories id have had a few words about as its a custom built car as a lot of testers are not cluded up.
Thanks given by:
Should have smacked the MOT testers face on the Dimmas VIN plate. D-Whatever chassis number it is would be stamped on his forehead for a while.

Dimma 3 (I think he said) is parked across the road from me. Meant to be for sale as well. It is a bit of a dog look wise but mechanical its perfect.

Looking forward to seeing this restored
Thanks given by:
Just take it somewhere else! The tester clearly didn't no his stuff
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Yep see above^^^ most of that is bolloxs also the indicators are a seperate unit and can be seen from the side, only if headlights and indicators are 1 unit do you need side repeaters , knob jockey tester imo

Yeah this ^^ if it has ph1 front lights with the sepeate indicators then you don't need side repeaters as the front ones fulfil the MOT requirements Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Jonny b Wrote:Yep see above^^^ most of that is bolloxs also the indicators are a seperate unit and can be seen from the side, only if headlights and indicators are 1 unit do you need side repeaters , knob jockey tester imo

Yeah this ^^ if it has ph1 front lights with the sepeate indicators then you don't need side repeaters as the front ones fulfil the MOT requirements Smile

yes and no..

it failed on mine and i even said that its a seperate indicator etc and they still said it needed them..

as mentioned on .net just stick some temp ones on for the MOT and remove them afterwards..
Thanks given by:
My mot tester was a helmet too! Telling me my suspension was too hard! Is that even part of the test?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
springs Wrote:yes and no..

it failed on mine and i even said that its a seperate indicator etc and they still said it needed them..

as mentioned on .net just stick some temp ones on for the MOT and remove them afterwards..

As I said on .net at the time though, they are wrong.............
Jonny b Wrote:If the spare is there then it has to be fit for purpose!! if it's not there its not an advisory, it's bollox I asked my tester about side repeaters on mine and he said they haven't got to be there

IIRC the MOT states that "it has to be a separate light unit from the headlamp that is visible from the side of the vehicle", which if you have ph1 headlights they are.........
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Finally got round to doing a bit of work, i bought a beam off a mate which i am currently rebuilding, and was wondering has anyone done the inner bearings, if so how id you go about getting them out?
Thanks given by:
Finally I managed to get on with a bit of stipping down on the dimma today!

I have removed the front bumper which took alot longer than expected due to alot of rusty seized bolts! Also removed charge cooler radiator so i can get that in to be recored as it was leaking!!
Also going to change the oil cooler as it looks as though its seen better days, i manged to find another one the same, turns out its from a vauxhall frontera!

When I change the oil cooeler I also need to do something to solve the low oil temps as I dont think I have seen anything above 60 degrees on the gauge! So looks like that will be a thermostatic sandwhich plate required!

Couple of pics with the bumper off:

[Image: IMG_0086.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0085.jpg]

I also removed the n/s hub/strut ready to replace track rod end, ball joint, arb drop link, brake pads and lines possibly brake discs, The struts and springs are also getting replaced as the shocks have seen better days, im not a fan of cut springs! and although it looks good i want to raise it up a bit as its going to be a daily i dont want it scraping everywhere like it does at the moment!

Whilst its apart i will probably do the wheel bearing and may replace wishbone bushes with powerflex ones

The driveshaft also came apart at the inner cv and it turns out the cv aint in the best condition either so need to enquire about that getting refurbed!

[Image: IMG_0088.jpg]

And a picture of the original colour of the car:

[Image: IMG_0087.jpg]

One other thing after all the rain the passenger footwell had filled up with water, does anyone have any ideas where it could have come in? and its not the heater matrix as that is currently disconnected

Thanks for reading
Thanks given by:
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
okay thanks very much
Thanks given by:
I see the MOT tester was a bit harsh but it's still a shame for a Dimma to get run down. Hopefully you'll give it the attention it deserves. Smile
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Nice to see this car is going to start to get some very much needed TLC!!

Had no idea the state of this build! Good on your for buying it and starting work! Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yes its going to take alot of work, i keep finding more stuff that needs doing at the moment!!

But should be very good once its finally completed!

I think the problem is its spent alot of time just sitting around!
Thanks given by:
Looks like you can have a party in that arch blimey! Seems in a bit of a state ATM no doubt itl be back to its glory soon
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty messy inside that arch fella, good luck to you. You know it'll be worth it!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cut springs?!
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
get it all done and get it to FCS! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Have you thought much about the respray yet?

Personally I reckon sigma or maybe even Cossack grey! If it had a phase 3 front i'd say bianca would look discustingly rude.
Serious.
Thanks given by:
lewisdmz Wrote:Have you thought much about the respray yet?

Personally I reckon sigma or maybe even Cossack grey! If it had a phase 3 front i'd say bianca would look discustingly rude.
Miami is a f*cking looooooooovely colour...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:
lewisdmz Wrote:Have you thought much about the respray yet?

Miami is a f*cking looooooooovely colour...

gotta be miami! Spraying it a different colour would remove its soul! :o
Thanks given by:
Jimmer021 Wrote:Yes its going to take alot of work, i keep finding more stuff that needs doing at the moment!!

I think the problem is its spent alot of time just sitting around!

your right there, about it been sitting around. i think andy had the car layed up for best part of the time he had it.
i thought it could have done with a respray and the engine bay tidying up too wiring wise.
at least you have the time to sort the car out from the ground up wards!
are you going to make some changes to the setup?
Thanks given by:
Im going to stick with the same colour as I think it looks good,

Yeah the wiring in the engine bay is definately something that needs tidying up!

At the moment no im not really going to make any cahnges, want to get everything sorted and it useable 1st!
Thanks given by:
Not much has been happening at the moment as I have exams etc which I want to get out of the way first!! Going to start buying parts so as soon as I have finished uni I can crack on and get all the main things done before getting it into the bodyshop!

I have had the charge cooler rad recored and have that back like new!

I have some front brake lines ordered now

Need to decide on some coilovers and rear shocks so was wondering what people have used/reccomend????
Thanks given by:
Gaz gha or if the money is there golds.
Thanks given by:
Pompey306mark Wrote:Gaz gha or if the money is there golds.

Thanks, I was looking at these the only thing was that it says to go to 65mm where as other coilovers go to 75mm, i compred the strut which came off the dimma to a standard one and it was about 65-70 mm lower
Thanks given by:
This dimma is awesome!
Thanks given by:
Whilst the front end is off I have taken the rad out, and have taken that in to be recored, as the charge cooler piping has been rubbing against it!

[Image: IMG_0105.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0106.jpg]

Also the full powerflex polybush kit for the car turned up this morning Smile
Thanks given by:
If i can fit it in I want to get a slimline fan on the front of the charge cooler rad and one on the back of the engien rad, as there is no fans what so ever at the moment, there is also an empty gauge space at the moment which i thought about putting a temp gauge in for the charge cooler water then i can keep an eye on the temp and flick the fan on when needed, but does anyone know how hot the water would be as temp gauges only seem to go as low as 40 degrees.

Also been over to the body shop today, hopefully getting the car in there for the begining of july, all being well!! Took the slam pannel in today to get painted up. There was also some bad news though, going to have to change the colour as to match that one its a 3 stage colour, which is very expensive to do and to repaint if it gets scratched!!
Thanks given by:
I always thought it was Sigma Blue?

Regardless, a 3-stage colour is going to probably blow your budget, I'd be tempted to go with an original colour. Sigma can be a bit dull in low light, but another Peugeot colour 'Miami Blue' would look bloody good. As used on 205 GTis and early phase 1 306s (S16s I believe). Either colour would look good.

Or were you thinking outside the box?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Dimma Coupé Pbalerado 9 3,882 07-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Last Post: johnnygomez
  Dimma 306 Cezeli 37 20,481 11-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  205 TT Dimma Daniel306 18 6,330 19-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Daniel306