2.2 Dimma Hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.2 Dimma Hdi
Im thinking i will probably keep it blue, then it wont need to be changed on the log book,
and yes originally it was sigma blue, although like you said it is a bit dull, I much prefer a brighter blue like it is now
Thanks given by:
Jimmer021 Wrote:Im thinking i will probably keep it blue, then it wont need to be changed on the log book,
and yes originally it was sigma blue, although like you said it is a bit dull, I much prefer a brighter blue like it is now

Sigma ftw, it will look my like a real dimma then rather than a fake stick on kit thats been sprayed a random colour

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Sigma-
[Image: 7093387543_759b4efd56_z.jpg]

Miami Blue -
[Image: 12339632_1X.JPG]
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I think brighter than them Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It is Miami blue, maybe some sort of custom mix though?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:It is Miami blue, maybe some sort of custom mix though?

We went all though the colour charts and nothing matched exactly, so sent a piece of spoiler which was in the boot off to where the guy gets his paint from to see if they good match it, and thats what they came back with
Thanks given by:
Well when i had my dturbo sprayed, i was told there are 9 different shades
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Temp gauge might be more useful in the airflow from the cooler, rather than the water.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Temp gauge might be more useful in the airflow from the cooler, rather than the water.

Yeah I have been doing a bit of research and have found an act (air charge temp) gauge which I'm going to get, and I can put the probe into the egr blank off as its on the side of the manifold, and is nice and accessible Smile
Thanks given by:
Finished rebuilding the wishbones with new ball joints and front and rear polybushes:

[Image: IMG_0158.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0160.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0161.jpg]

The engine is now ready to come out and depending on weather it should be out tomorrow!

[Image: IMG_0163.jpg]

Then hopefully the car should be going tinot the bodyshop the begining of the week!

I have some GAZ coilovers with eccentric top mounts on order thanks to Springs

Whilst the engine is out I plan to do a cambelt and possibly waterpump as I have no history with the car so would make sense to do it whilst its accesible!
Also need to take the turbo aprt and clean out the nozzle ring to hopefully solve the sticking vanes!
The wiring loom is going to get a tidy up!
Going the replace the oil cooler sandwhich plate with a thermostatic one as it never seemed to have much oil temp!
Going to heat wrap the exhaust manifold and downpipe
If its the same I have a polybush lower engine mount
Thanks given by:
Epic project!
Love this car, would have bought it myself if i had the cash, was going for 2k in the end iirc?

Shame it got into such direpair but glad to see youre giving it the attetion it deserves, fair play

Will be watching this one Smile
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2012, 06:32 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: Epic project!
Love this car, would have bought it myself if i had the cash, was going for 2k in the end iirc?

Shame it got into such direpair but glad to see youre giving it the attetion it deserves, fair play

Will be watching this one Smile

A Bit over 2K I bought it for, but will nearly be spending double that to get it sorted!

Also managed to get round to removing the engine today:

[Image: IMG_0164.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0166.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah but even for slightly over 2k you got an awesome car - really surprised the car didnt sell quicker tbh at the price it was up for.

There are so few of them, and alot of them have been messed with and changed. The likes of this one and Springs' vert look great. Keep up the good work dude!
Thanks given by:
No updates?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Miami is the best colour! Never used on GTi6/XSi/S16 though, just Dturbo's and 1.4/1.6 etc and only ph1...
Thanks given by:
Didn't realise this had been converted to hydraulic clutch!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
its had a full respray now
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Time for an update!!

The car has now finally been sprayed! there is no front end on it yet as that will get painted when I have the engine in and I am ready for it so that it doesnt get damaged!

Here are the latest pics:

[Image: IMG_0299.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0300.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0302.jpg]

And yes Ruan it is running the 2.2 Hdi box so has had the hydraulic clutch conversion.

I have a lot more pics of the work being done, i will upload them tomorrow
Thanks given by:
This is becoming one of my favourite cars on the forum, the stance is just so damn rude and the spray job looks excellent! So great to see you are investing a good amount of money into it, Dimma's deserve it.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Looks epic! Just noticed those back seats though. Never seen those before so im guessing they are some kind of Dimma spec?
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2012, 12:05 AM)SRowell Wrote: Looks epic! Just noticed those back seats though. Never seen those before so im guessing they are some kind of Dimma spec?

Nah s16 rear seats bud

Car looks fecking sweet fella can't wait to see this back on the road
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Really can't wait to see this thing finished, respray looks top notch!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Wow that looks lovely!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Looks sweeeeeet! Keep coming with the updates Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Smile

Yeah its just standard s16 interior!

Few more pics of the car in the bodyshop apologise for the bad quality:

[Image: PICT0003.jpg]

[Image: PICT0014.jpg]

[Image: PICT0013.jpg]

[Image: PICT0015.jpg]

[Image: PICT0023.jpg]

[Image: PICT0022.jpg]

Calipers getting prepped for paint:

[Image: IMG_0298.jpg]

Exhaust manifold ready for heat wrap:

[Image: IMG_0297.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0296.jpg]

Started to wrap the exhaust but having problems as the manifold is so tight together I cant actually get heat wrap through some of the gaps!!
Thanks given by:
Jimmer it's not just standard s16 interior!!!! It's THE BEST interior pug ever put in a 306, looking awesome dude should revive a few ponies with the turbo work too
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
get the exhaust manifold coated? Cant remember but there is a company that will coat it in special stuff but its quite expensive iirc!
Thanks given by:
You mean ceramic coating I think mate? Yeah, that shit is expensive lol. For what it's worth I would just keep trying with the heat wrap...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
That really is a beautiful colour
Thanks given by:
woahh deffo keeping a eye on this thread the respray looks perfect fair play for taking this on
[Image: 306sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Dimma Coupé Pbalerado 9 3,908 07-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Last Post: johnnygomez
  Dimma 306 Cezeli 37 20,517 11-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  205 TT Dimma Daniel306 18 6,345 19-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Daniel306