Wipers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wipers
Hi I am having trouble with the drivers side windscreen wiper, its not wiping the window completely, it leaves a patch in the middle unwiped. I have tried different blades but its still the same . Its as though the pressure is a bit week in the middle of the blade. The passenger side blade. Is good. Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing the blades you tried were new? You could try bending the arm slightly so it makes better contact, I've had to do that before. Or just change the arm, put some tape on the windscreen to mark its' position.
Thanks given by:
I bent the arm slightly on my old ph1.

In the snow, on the way home from work, with my mate in the car. I just went "ah, f*ck this! This isn't working!" pulled into the side of the road, got out and just bent it with my hands, got back in, and it worked!

The look on my mate's face was priceless.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As said, try bending the arm/spring retaining clip slightly to put a little more pressure on the screen Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
sometimes the joint gets rusty/stiff. wd40 and moving it on off the screen loads helps. the spring just looses its strength
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 02:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: sometimes the joint gets rusty/stiff. wd40 and moving it on off the screen loads helps. the spring just looses its strength

Thanks for the advice, I will try freeing it up a bit with wd40 and if that doesn't help I will try bending the arm.
Thanks given by: